Where do you stash your capo?

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Judging by the number of them I found when cleaning up after gigs, I think most people leave their capos clipped to a microphone stand. I've got at least 12 capos stashed in drawers around the house.

codamedia

Poster Extraordinaire
My general use capo is on my mic stand along with my pick holder and slide.
My mandolin and banjo have their own capos that live on their headstocks.

jazzlake

TDPRI Member
I am a jazz guy mostly so, I left mine at the music store.

(It's not a dig on people who use them. It is absolutely a viable tool. I am just having a little fun)

It looks like sfwhiteman has a cool one, in the tele pick.

BottyGuy

Tele-Meister
If I’m playing it’s either on my headstock or the mic stand. The rest of the time I have no idea where it is. That’s why I’ve now got 4 of them, usually I can find one. Sometimes one will disappear for 6 or 9 months, and I’ll find it in a winter coat or something.

scooteraz

Friend of Leo's
One in every guitar case for the acoustics. Then I have others stashed on my music stand in my home office, in a bag where I keep pedals and power supplies and stuff I take to gigs, and one in the case or gig bag of each guitar that I use regularly. My hand gets tired if I need a capo and don’t have it....

Hamstein

Tele-Meister
I have one in my gretsch case, supposedly it's useful when changing strings, I never use it, either for changing strings or playing, as I consider it to be cheating!:D

hmemerson

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
Hey gang! I hope this is the right spot to post this.

I'm wondering where everyone keeps their capos? I use the pretty standard Kyser style capo. On my acoustics, it just clips onto the hheadstock between the rows of tuners—plenty of real estate. With the tele though, there's so little room to clip it on.

Where do you keep yours? I imagine the answer will be different for gigging situations vs. living rooms, but I'd love to hear all of it.

I have about 8 capos. I use them on my electrics and acoustics.

I leave them on the guitars.

Regards,
Howard Emerson

blewzman

TDPRI Member

I'm wondering where everyone keeps their capos? I use the pretty standard Kyser style capo. On my acoustics, it just clips onto the hheadstock between the rows of tuners—plenty of real estate. With the tele though, there's so little room to clip it on.

Where do you keep yours? I imagine the answer will be different for gigging situations vs. living rooms, but I'd love to hear all of it.
When playing on stage I slide it up and put it right on top of the nut. Gets it out of the way but is easy to grab when needed.

dmirto

TDPRI Member

I keep my slide and capo together. I slide the slide onto the capo's longer fretboard arm/side, use the neck clamp to hold it in place. That goes in the gig bag or case. Easy to find, as it has a unique shape, even if you're just feeling around for it. Of course if I forget to move them from my Tele to Strat, or Acoustic case, then I guess I need three of each. (FYI: I prefer a brass slide, not sure why, I it use on my ring finger.)

GoodAugust

TDPRI Member
For a while, I was using an SKB pedalboard that had a slot that one could perfectly clamp into, but now that I'm not giving so much I've got them stashed pretty much everywhere... kinda like a squirrel and it's nuts.

My list of places reads a lot like the end of that Dr Seuss book, Green Eggs & Ham.