Where Do I Get Foam Pedalboard Inserts?

scottser

Friend of Leo's
I've had a Behringer PB600 board for years now and the foam inserts are getting ripped and wrecked. I can't seem to find replacement inserts on line, do you folks know of anywhere that sells them? I imagine inserts from the boss bcb 60 would fit too.
Failing that has anybody made a DIY solution?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

bluesholyman

Friend of Leo's
It appears to be an "active" product - I'd contact Behringer directly - perhaps they will surprise you...or not.

The alternative would be making plywood inserts? You could probably give a good insert to a skilled woodworker and they could make a bunch up for you using it as a template - not sure how flexible they need to be.

Firm construction insulation (the pink sheets, if you have them there, commonly known as closed cell foam) and an exacto knife would probably yield some good results.

Junkyard Dog

Friend of Leo's
Just had another idea! If you have access to a 3D printer, you could make some out of plastic. You could customize the shape/size of the cutouts for non-Boss pedals if needed.

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
Search for: "foam toolbox inserts"

or have a look at this to get some ideas

Junkyard Dog

Friend of Leo's
I made these yesterday on a 3D printer. I just made the cutouts the same size as the foam ones that fit Boss compact pedals, but the CAD file could be easily modified to fit other pedal brands/sizes. If anybody wants the file, let me know, and I'll see if there is some way I can attach it here or to the files section of the forum. FYI, if your public library is like mine, they may have a 3D printer and can print these at $2 a pop...you just email them the CAD file and pick up the parts when ready.

IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1457.JPG

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
That's nice work!

Another option is foam interlocking floor tile. This stuff is inexpensive; sold in 5-packs in most hardware stores like Homeless Despot and Lowe's. I bought a pack for a small project and found plenty of uses for the left-over material. It's dead simple to cut with a knife. It makes a great bench-top pad for working on guitars too. I use a knife and a straight edge to trim off the puzzle edges.

3438.jpg

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
That's nice work!

Another option is foam interlocking floor tile. This stuff is inexpensive; sold in 5-packs in most hardware stores like Homeless Despot and Lowe's. I bought a pack for a small project and found plenty of uses for the left-over material. It's dead simple to cut with a knife. It makes a great bench-top pad for working on guitars too. I use a knife and a straight edge to trim off the puzzle edges.

3438.jpg
That's a good idea, thanks.

bonus, the cut offs make an easy puzzle for the demented :twisted::lol: sry, that was nasty.:oops:

Last edited:

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
The little cut-offs are perfect to make little foam blocks for direct-mounting of pickups. They are a closed-cell foam, which means they compress but don't collapse over time. They maintain their springiness for many years.

If you do any kind of work on your own guitars or build your own, save the little pieces of foam because they are useful for stuff like this.