Where did my thread "Do you like this Telecaster" go ?

GreatDaneRock

Tele-Afflicted
I'm not positive that I recall your thread for sure, but if I recall there was a thread that was full of pictures that looked sort of like a lot of pinup models, posing with guitars recently. I think those are probably considered cheesecake photos, which would look not exactly like guitarists playing guitars but more like models posing with guitars, I'm sure there are plenty of photos in the world that might blur the lines, but I personally am ok if the mods use a liberal definition of cheesecake.

In any case
cheesecake pictures of women or men with guitars/guns cars etc etc etc... whatever are not what I come to this site for.
The vids were not pictures, they showed were very accomplished female players showcasing their skills, dressed like beautiful women dress.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
My wife's brother used to be in a band where they were all nekkid.
One member was a woman but the rest were men.
Any dudes here wanna look at pic after pic of men in G strings?

I know it's hard for some men to understand how what's called "cheesecake" makes a room unfriendly to women.
And of course many men exclaim "Those women do THAT so all women should be cool with THAT!".

Maybe try imagining hanging out with a bunch of gay dudes who are talking about hot dudes and showing each other cheesecake pics of dudes in chaps?
I think that ought to suffice for clarifying why cheesecake isn't women friendly despite featuring women as sex symbols?

Last edited:

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
The vids were not pictures, they showed were very accomplished female players showcasing their skills, dressed like beautiful women dress.

oh, I don't recall your thread in that case, but I have seen videos like what you describe on the internet. I don't know if I'd consider those to be cheesecake or not, I think the lines are a bit blurred in the case of those. In any case that's not a hill I'd choose to fight to the death on.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member

Well how exactly do "beautiful women dress"?

Do they all dress in ways that entice men by showing parts of their body off for ogling?
Or do they dress the same as men?

Consider also that YOUR pics may have been classy like your Mom dressed but some other guys may have pushed it before the thread got moved.
This is historically trolling.
You present a topic known to create an undesirable situation, then the mods have to keep editing out the negative details, while the OP claims they did nothing "wrong".

medownsouth

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
This is getting silly & lets keep peoples moms out of it.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this group could argue about a sunny day.

GreatDaneRock

Tele-Afflicted
It's just so the site does not promote those kind of photos, musicians or not. There are house rules. The members here stick to them. If it is cheesy, flesh revealing, overtly sexual, degrading or plain exposing the woman instead of anything else in the photo it won't be allowed. I have been here 15 years and that hasn't changed. It keeps others from posting like photos in the same sport of mind. Then you are going down hill if they let all those through. JMHO and Cheesecake photos was a term used from the early 20th century to describe scantily clad women in photographs.
I see, I understand moderators trying to prevent threats from growing and then derailing big time, having then to delete them after many have participated or posted.

But I think the line should be held with individual posting, not with the original OP if there was no wrong doing. If posters are going to start commenting on physical attributes, lewd comments and sexual in nature, then remove or ban the posters, not the thread. In the end you end up punishing someone who was willing to invest time to create a thread, who then feels trampled on for no reason or wrongdoing of their own.

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
It's just so the site does not promote those kind of photos, musicians or not. There are house rules. The members here stick to them. If it is cheesy, flesh revealing, overtly sexual, degrading or plain exposing the woman instead of anything else in the photo it won't be allowed. I have been here 15 years and that hasn't changed. It keeps others from posting like photos in the same sport of mind. Then you are going down hill if they let all those through. JMHO and Cheesecake photos was a term used from the early 20th century to describe scantily clad women in photographs.

Does this apply to shirtless men?

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I'm not sure why a moderator decided to move my thread out of Bad Dog Cafe?, And apparently it was moved for a reason they called "cheesecake"???, It wasn't moved to any searchable place. If I look under my own posts or threads I cannot find it. Was it deleted? Why? There was nothing political or offensive about it, actually it celebrated guitar playing performed by female guitarists. It almost feels like we're discriminating against female performers in here.

What gives?

So WRT "where did they move my thread?"; I've asked the same question.
But instead of starting a thread asking members what the mods did, I PM'd either a mod (search the name and send a PM) or the mods (via the "contact us" option at the bottom of the yellow page) and asked what moved meant since I could not find it.
I was told it was moved to a forum where only the moderators could see it.
That way it's not deleted, but a problem is put off for further consideration.

Many times what happens is a thread is 70% fine but 20% bad and 10% mixed with stuff like you quote a problem post and make a nice family friendly comment. When one of THOSE threads gets going, a mod is stuck editing as fast as possible to keep the 70% happy.
If they do a good job, few of us see the out of bounds posts before they get deleted.

Mods have jobs & families and may not have time to sit for three days while 20% of posts need to be deleted, so that 70% of us can walk the fine line in our honorable manner.
So they "move" the whole thread to a mods only forum and may review it later.

My threads that have gotten moved did not return, but I didn't get upset about it.
We kind of know when we get close to the borders of the rules, right?
The problem is we move the entire discussion to the edge and bump each other over it.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I would offer that regardless of how we each classify content, bringing it up for open discussion because you feel slighted by the forum is probably not the best strategy to get an answer why the post was deleted, or endear you to the admins & moderators.

I have had stuff removed from TDPRI that I thought was perfectly harmless and simply chalked it up to writing in the same manner as joking & smoking with the boys, which is not the same as mixed company among strangers.

GreatDaneRock

Tele-Afflicted

I know it's hard for some men to understand how what's called "cheesecake" makes a room unfriendly to women.
And of course many men exclaim "Those women do THAT so all women should be cool with THAT!".

Maybe try imagining hanging out with a bunch of gay dudes who are talking about hot dudes and showing each other cheesecake pics of dudes in chaps?
I think that ought to suffice for clarifying why cheesecake isn't women friendly despite featuring women as sex symbols?

I see your point and can sympathize. I've hanged around many gay guys, and some started to make lewd comments about me and my friends. It doesn't mean me and my friends are guilty, it means those forwarding the comments are. The finger is pointed at them.

But I will agree and recognize. My thread toed the line, and it was probably bound to create some issues with some of the posters who cannot be respectful about female players dressing the way many young female rockets dress. I'll concede that.

Okay enough of this, let's put it to rest and move on to more important things...

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
On the other hand, sometimes perfectly innocent threads just disappear for absolutely no reason whatsoever, but they can be found using the search. I've always figured it was some technical glitch.

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted

I'd be able to see those pics and scroll on by accepting that they do it and it's not for me, and realize I don't have any right to tell them not to do what they do just because it's not for me.

We see pics of male musicians without shirts and wearing tight pants that girls used to pin up on their walls.

It's a turn off to me. Should I be offended and demand pics of Jagger and Keith be taken down?

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I see, I understand moderators trying to prevent threats from growing and then derailing big time, having then to delete them after many have participated or posted.

But I think the line should be held with individual posting, not with the original OP if there was no wrong doing. If posters are going to start commenting on physical attributes, lewd comments and sexual in nature, then remove or ban the posters, not the thread. In the end you end up punishing someone who was willing to invest time to create a thread, who then feels trampled on for no reason or wrongdoing of their own.

One may assume that the TDPRI mods are like the NASA mission control center or a Telemarketing office with 100 staffers on salary at their stations editing away at our casual chats?

AFAIK most of the mods are volunteers who are not getting paid to sit at the TDPRI station for 8 hour shifts.
Starting a thread that entices less careful members to post stuff the mods need to edit out, often every few minutes 24 hours a day for several days?
None of us is so important that an entire staff sits down to wait on our very important (to us) thread!

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I'd be able to see those pics and scroll on by accepting that they do it and it's not for me, and realize I don't have any right to tell them not to do what they do just because it's not for me.

We see pics of male musicians without shirts and wearing tight pants that girls used to pin up on their walls.

It's a turn off to me. Should I be offended and demand pics of Jagger and Keith be taken down?

Well the question isn't how you or I should feel.

The question is what are the forum rules, and how much can we expect the forum moderators to wait on us for the purpose of some of us feeling a need to be able to start and maintain discussions featuring as the OP said: "how beautiful women dress".

That right there, where the OP defined his view of the subject: "how beautiful women dress"; is a thread topic that is in essence "trolling".

Trolling is not allowed here, so asking if Mick must wear a shirt hardly fixes the function of the troll post.
Sometimes we are unintentionally trolling too, like if stuff on the news today heats up an innocent OP, or even if a member has a daughter who just got harassed walking by a construction site today having made the mistake of dressing how some folks presume beautiful women dress, which then makes those beautiful women fair game for us men to comment on their bodies and talk about them like they were product.

GreatDaneRock

Tele-Afflicted

The question is what are the forum rules, and how much can we expect the forum moderators to wait on us for the purpose of some of us feeling a need to be able to start and maintain discussions featuring as the OP said: "how beautiful women dress".

That right there, where the OP defined his view of the subject: "how beautiful women dress"; is a thread topic that is in essence "trolling".

Trolling is not allowed here, so asking if Mick must wear a shirt hardly fixes the function of the troll post.
Sometimes we are unintentionally trolling too, like if stuff on the news today heats up an innocent OP, or even if a member has a daughter who just got harassed walking by a construction site today having made the mistake of dressing how some folks presume beautiful women dress, which then makes those beautiful women fair game for us men to comment on their bodies and talk about them like they were product.
I'm sorry dude, my post was not about how beautiful women dress, it was about female players, accomplished players, playing songs we all like. Later, it was an explanation as to what was happening and how common it is to see on television, anywhere really, women dressed like young women dress today. You calling me troll only means you want to keep trolling me. Let's be real here. I already put this to rest, I mentioned it on one of my replies to you, but you seem incapable. Who's trolling now?

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I see your point and can sympathize. I've hanged around many gay guys, and some started to make lewd comments about me and my friends. It doesn't mean me and my friends are guilty, it means those forwarding the comments are. The finger is pointed at them.

But I will agree and recognize. My thread toed the line, and it was probably bound to create some issues with some of the posters who cannot be respectful about female players dressing the way many young female rockets dress. I'll concede that.

Okay enough of this, let's put it to rest and move on to more important things...

BTW, if gay men comment about how hot you look, you should take that as a compliment!
I know I know it makes me uncomfortable too...

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I'm sorry dude, my post was not about how beautiful women dress, it was about female players, accomplished players, playing songs we all like. Later, it was an explanation as to what was happening and how common it is to see on television, anywhere really, women dressed like young women dress today. You calling me troll only means you want to keep trolling me. Let's be real here. I already put this to rest, I mentioned it on one of my replies to you, but you seem incapable. Who's trolling now?

Then you fall under what I mentioned as innocent troll post, where you were honorable yet the rest of the dudes were not, and the mods got tired of editing.

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted

Cheesecake is cheesecake. Shirtless men should be deleted as well if it's about rules.