Where could I find some of these?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by gobi_grey, Feb 22, 2020.

  1. gobi_grey

    gobi_grey Tele-Afflicted

    Jun 7, 2011
    clinton, ia
    Odd request but these little steel L brackets for a 1/4" plug. I have a record player from the 50's with one of these on the back too. Such a simple piece of hardware but I'm not really finding much searching ebay.
    They come in handy since most of the time the ext speaker jacks on tweed amps are hard to reach. I'd like to throw one on all my tweed clones. They look kinda cool too.
  2. corliss1

    corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

    Sep 13, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    I've never seen these in a ready-made format, but any piece of angled bracket from a hardware store and a 3/8" drill bit would get it done quickly.
    RodeoTex, Alamo and trev333 like this.
  3. trev333

    trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

    Dec 3, 2009
    Coolum Beach,Australia
    I put a speaker out jack on a small combo amp with a switching jack socket to shut off the main speaker when plugged in.... so I could use the same ohm rated bin..

    I just folded some sheet metal and drilled a hole for the mounting plate...

    ext spkr2.JPG
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.