1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Where can I get a vintage bridge to use with Bigsby?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Swoop, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Swoop

Swoop Tele-Meister

I'm planning a Bigsby equipped Tele project, and was wondering where I could get a vintage, three-saddle bridge to use in conjunction with it. The kind that has the front edge filed or dremelled to clear the strings. I know Callaham and I think Rutters do a vintage-type bridge that is modified to clear the strings, but I wondered if there was anywhere that sold a modified Fender bridge. I was thinking of doing it myself but if I can buy one off the shelf, as it were, that'd save the bother.

Anyone got any leads?

2. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

no disrespect to the metal-working gods over at callaham or rutters, but its really easy to do yourself. and 30 minutes with a file on a $15 bridge is a hell of a bargain...

i've got two bigsby teles... and have experimented with all sorts of bridges. tune-o-matics... 3-saddle... jazzmasters, etc. i like the mustang bridge the best... smooth barrel saddles on a floater!

3. Swoop

Swoop Tele-Meister

Yeah, I think I'll just do it myself. Just thought I'd see if I could get one already done, save me the bother.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.