Where’s Your Happy Place?

Larry F

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
I can relate, it's a bit different from those whose happy place is about taking a trip to a vacation or local favorite destination.

One thing I have is unpredictable windows of time where I'm in less that usual pain, or at least some parts of me are in less or little pain.
I've been icing my RH and right elbow a couple of times a day lately to keep those parts working OK so that when neck back and head etc pain diminish and I get my midday energy period I have a shot at making some music or today also adjusting the truss rod of #1 since the worse cold snap has wreaked havoc.

Laying down to rest or sleep is also painful for me, and I've read recently some stuff about mind control of pain but not dug into that.
I do more deny and ignore!
Less and less effective though, and even sitting with a guitar is now kind of a bear.

Music seems to absorb all other sensation for a bit, so if I can get ahold of something music-making and dig into it, the pain seemingly stops being a sensation.
Ah! So you've met Mr. Pain.
Cheeky bastard he is.

Wallo Tweed

Friend of Leo's
Then I assume you know about The Crazy Norwegian....
I do now, just did a search thank you. We've often ate in the Port and Starboard.

It's been our plan to go back there for the past two years, but that thing we can't talk about came to town. Hopefully this year will be different.

Last time we were there we stopped at an old gas station with all sorts of interesting paintings for sale. I think it was between Port Orford and Coos Bay on the east side of the road. We were on a motorcycle, so we had no room, but I really wish I could have bought one of their paintings.

{Edit} I just realized it's been over 12 years since we've been there, it's time to go back.

Last edited:

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
images (3).jpeg

complete-stained-glass-restoration-salem-virginia-01.jpeg

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
Geographical location: Falmouth, Cape Cod, Mass. Have been going there every summer for 25 years with our life-long best friends. Their kids were born and grew up there, every summer.

The place where only peace & happiness exists: napping on our big bed with my wife and our 2 dogs.

telepraise

Tele-Afflicted
Love the Blueridge Mtns but here's the midpoint on my daily 12 mi ride:

Attachments

• IMG_3655.jpg
    IMG_3655.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_E3737.jpg
    IMG_E3737.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 12

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I've thought about this quite a lot. I could name majestic places I've been, but majestic places kind of loose their majestic after you've been to a lot of 'em. I find that being at our friend's beach house is probably about as happy a place as I can find. Something always happens when we go there to make it a special trip, but it's the calm, and quite of the home itself I like best. I sleep better there than anywhere I've ever been. I'm pretty sure, if I owned the place, it wouldn't be the same. Part of the appeal is that all I do when I go there is relax.

EugeneWeemich

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Sailed to Mexico from the PNW.
But later years sailed from Annapolis to the Bahamas and Caribe.👍
loving it.

made two trips to BVI for 1-week lease island hopping fun on monohulls. wanted to go this spring but my body is fighting something that will not go away.

here's to 2023!

sigh...

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Happy is not a place, the way I see it. But looking at it thataway, it's not even the same word it was once, Romeo.
There are some really special places for me. Some of much travel has been incredible. More than anything happy is a state I get from my family. I never expected to be married or have kids but for all the work that is, no happy has every approached the best family moments.