Where’s Your Happy Place?

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
Loch Ard, Stirlingshire, Scotland. From this very spot with a fly rod and wearing plenty of insect repellent.

LOCHARD 1221.jpg

Larry F

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
On the bed, under the comforter, in our bedroom with windows facing north and west. This is where I go when my chronic neuropathy meets arthritis radiating from my bones in waves of intensity and ill will. Laying flat on my back, my consciousness takes over and localizes the pain centers and takes control. I can focus on each localized pain center and stare it into submission. The mind enters each pain area and neutralizes the naked pain, much like how I can ignore an itch anywhere on the surface of the body. After an hour or two, I can stand better and entertain thoughts of heading upstairs to my studio to play blues on my specially enhanced guitars and amps. This is where I am at the moment of writing this, where the blues is calling me to my guitars, much like a gigantic magnet pulling me closer and closer.

And with that, see ya later!

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
On the bed, under the comforter, in our bedroom with windows facing north and west. This is where I go when my chronic neuropathy meets arthritis radiating from my bones in waves of intensity and ill will. Laying flat on my back, my consciousness takes over and localizes the pain centers and takes control. I can focus on each localized pain center and stare it into submission. The mind enters each pain area and neutralizes the naked pain, much like how I can ignore an itch anywhere on the surface of the body. After an hour or two, I can stand better and entertain thoughts of heading upstairs to my studio to play blues on my specially enhanced guitars and amps. This is where I am at the moment of writing this, where the blues is calling me to my guitars, much like a gigantic magnet pulling me closer and closer.

And with that, see ya later!
I can relate, it's a bit different from those whose happy place is about taking a trip to a vacation or local favorite destination.

One thing I have is unpredictable windows of time where I'm in less that usual pain, or at least some parts of me are in less or little pain.
I've been icing my RH and right elbow a couple of times a day lately to keep those parts working OK so that when neck back and head etc pain diminish and I get my midday energy period I have a shot at making some music or today also adjusting the truss rod of #1 since the worse cold snap has wreaked havoc.

Laying down to rest or sleep is also painful for me, and I've read recently some stuff about mind control of pain but not dug into that.
I do more deny and ignore!
Less and less effective though, and even sitting with a guitar is now kind of a bear.

Music seems to absorb all other sensation for a bit, so if I can get ahold of something music-making and dig into it, the pain seemingly stops being a sensation.