when you randomly feel like the universe understands you.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
IMG_5044.jpeg

We were walking through a street fair in our little town this morning and I saw this sign and took a pic (damn cellphones!) the young guy working the booth had a DEEP southern accent and I said, 'you must be from SOUTH Burbank and he paused and got it and laughed really hard.

Nice kid. We love the fairs. They have them all spring and summer and fall (and now they are back) we love seeing our little town packed on the weekends... such fun. Not a single thing I want at the fair (pretty much never is) but, next weekend is the town 'garage sale' which will be fun. I'm actually making stuff to sell. We are going to donate the money to a young man in town who wants to build a running track in town. He, his little brother, his mom and his dad run all the way out to the high school and back every day (about 5 miles) it is pretty dangerous (big trucks) so, we'd like to see it happen. He needs (according to the local school district) 120k and he is at 67k, so several of us are going to push that number this year!

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
heal up amigo, my wife is gardening, so I have hauled topsoil and done a million weird tasks that make no sense to me, but I smile and say, 'oh yes ma'm' my bench is full of tools that need put away, so, I'm on to that. I'm gonna install one of these next weekend...

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
heal up amigo, my wife is gardening, so I have hauled topsoil and done a million weird tasks that make no sense to me, but I smile and say, 'oh yes ma'm' my bench is full of tools that need put away, so, I'm on to that. I'm gonna install one of these next weekend...

I'm having 12 cu yds of fill dirt dumped in the backyard of my rental property on Tuesday . . . I will be paying what ever it takes to have the guy spread it.