When you must really, really love your cat...

jimd

Friend of Leo's
Our cat is a little terrorist who loves to cause trouble. He doesn’t get to go into the room with the guitars unless he is supervised. My pandemic work at home office is in there too, so he always wants in while I’m working. I’ve put covers on the amps, but I’m more worried about him just knocking a guitar off a stand. He once managed to knock my wife’s sewing machine on the floor. That thing is heavy and I’m not quite sure no he did it.

GuitarRod

TDPRI Member
Anytime I'm
20210913_130030_(1).jpg
maintaining on my guitars, especially my Telecaster, my baby boy on my lap for a bit of so of course he wins!

MyLittleEye

TDPRI Member
Actually, the UK might not have outlawed it, had it not been required by the EU.

The practice of declawing isn't specifically outlawed in the UK. However our Animal Welfare Act prohibits 'acts of cruelty' to animals. Vets here see the procedure of snipping off a pets distal phalanges 'fingertips' for the convenience of its owner as an unnecessary and cruel mutilation and so it's prohibited under the umbrella of Animal Welfare (likewise, docking a dog's tail). A vet could be liable for prosecution if reported for performing such an act.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cat+phalanges+declawing&atb=v286-1&ia=web

wangdaning

Tele-Meister
My cat scratched my amp once, she now knows better. She really does not like being locked outside (first floor enclosed patio with her food, water, toilet out there, but she still does not like being locked out).

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter

mkdaws32

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Not to engage in argument or judge anyone, but declawing is the equivalent of removing your fingers up to the first knuckle. Not really a good thing to do. Not to mention, the cat is defenseless if it gets out.

Spaying an neutering is good practice. Not the same.

Cats gonna cat, dogs gonna dogs, birds gonna bird. Etc. I'm amused by people who get all upset at animals not acting like humans. If you're not comfortable with animal behaviors, think for a while before bringing one into the house.

Perfectly stated. I’m not going to judge or throw stones either, but I agree with you.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Perfectly stated. I’m not going to judge or throw stones either, but I agree with you.
Ya..Never ever did that..if an inside cat accidentaly gets outside, he needs to defend self or go up tree..as for worried about house,..tough nookies..
Get a squirt gun...worked with every cat we ever had in our family...for everything from curtains to couches to fighting with brothers..

MyLittleEye

TDPRI Member
Get a squirt gun...worked with every cat we ever had in our family...for everything from curtains to couches to fighting with brothers..

I grew up with cats so speak the language. A water pistol's a great deterrent, however I find it only needs to be actually used a few times along with a shake of the pistol and a firm word to telegraph the consequence of misbehaviour. They soon learn the sound of it being picked up, along with tone of voice but I'm also quick to reward good behaviour with treats and encouragement; my cats' errant clawing behaviour is usually triggered by stress so 'punishments' are counterproductive.