When you must really, really love your cat...

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
I have an allergy to long haired cats but currently have two Ragdoll's which don't bother me in the slightest, they have none of the fine underbelly fur which is the main cause of allergies, quite a few cat breeds are like this including the Bengal. I looked at Bengals but was told they like to climb and be very active which we can't really cater for, Ragdolls are more gentle house cats.

View attachment 912989

That's a beautiful pair of cats.

Wharfcreek

Tele-Meister
I grew up with cats! Probably had 40 to 50 of em over my 70 years! I thought I had the 'damage' thing resolved by covers, cases, closets, etc. Then one day the cat ate thru the amp's line cord, shorted out, caught the rug and wood floor afire, and damn near burned the house down! Fortunately that didn't happen, but I later found where the cat had chewed up another dozen lamp cords, tv cables, phone lines, charger cables, etc. That cat now resides in a nice 'country' environment where it can chase mice and birds in a barn instead of taking out its frustrations of not being allowed outside on me!!

mrblanche

TDPRI Member
Mine will do this to get my attention. They tore up an old Fender Rumble which I didn’t really care because it’s carpeted. If I had a time machine I’d smack every single manufacturer that thought carpet was ok.

I have a Rumble out in the garage that resembles that. And I will be right behind you in the carpet slapping line.

hackerguitar

TDPRI Member
Heh. I have a ‘65 Epiphone Comet, with much work done on it, which my cat finds irresistible. The top is a good deal narrower than the DR, but the Comet is The Amp Of Choice.
He used to attack the grill cloth, but no more. He just sits on it and purrs.

frisco slim

NEW MEMBER!
hobie_bass_crop.JPG

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Holic
Aw, meowts! I want cats but my rez dog would bite it. And she doesn't like music; runs away every time I play.

Funny, my 17 year old Jack Russell is never more comfortable than when I am cranking it. That's when she sleeps the deepest. Guitar and/or drums. My singing must remind her of howling. Seriously though, I think it's that it is comforting as it blocks out other sounds and she's heard it her whole life.

RPKennedy

TDPRI Member
I've had cats my whole life. Sometimes it's necessary to modify their behavior to prevent furniture (or amps) from being ripped up. When I got a new cat (not kitten) earlier this year, I had to keep the cover on my Victoria Ivy League for a few weeks until her behavioral modification was complete.

Speaking of Ragdolls, here's Daisy. She is a retired breeder:

CC00A9FF-5B88-4D65-9897-4B10EBA6E03A.jpeg

Alex_C

Tele-Afflicted
Not to engage in argument or judge anyone, but declawing is the equivalent of removing your fingers up to the first knuckle. Not really a good thing to do. Not to mention, the cat is defenseless if it gets out.

Spaying an neutering is good practice. Not the same.

Cats gonna cat, dogs gonna dogs, birds gonna bird. Etc. I'm amused by people who get all upset at animals not acting like humans. If you're not comfortable with animal behaviors, think for a while before bringing one into the house.

This ^

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Holic
We have 5 dogs and 2 cats (used to have 7 dogs and 4 cats). I preserve my musical equipment by using a door. My music room is off limits to everyone: dogs, cats and children.

Oh look at Mister 'I have a door here'. When I was a child, we used to DREAM of having a door. We all lived in a one room box; 9 dogs, 7 cats and a Budgie. You couldn't even leave through a door... you had to climb out the window!

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
I like cats.
I don’t love them, fur being the main issue.
I love dogs (we have 2), but I am also cautious about their access to anything material that I treasure.