When you must really, really love your cat...

Bluesboy3

Tele-Afflicted
Not to engage in argument or judge anyone, but declawing is the equivalent of removing your fingers up to the first knuckle. Not really a good thing to do. Not to mention, the cat is defenseless if it gets out.

Spaying an neutering is good practice. Not the same.

Cats gonna cat, dogs gonna dogs, birds gonna bird. Etc. I'm amused by people who get all upset at animals not acting like humans. If you're not comfortable with animal behaviors, think for a while before bringing one into the house.
The only behavior of my cats that gets annoying is their barfing..... but humans barf too.... :lol:

nathan5782

Tele-Meister
I learned the hard hay to block speaker grills or turn the amp against the wall. My current cat ignores everything musical except an open guitar case for sleeping.

One thing I have noticed over the years is a large number of 70's vintage black Peavey amps that have cat spray stains on them. No Marshalls, Fenders, Mesas etc... just 70's Peavey.
I do the same on some amps turn them around when not in use. My Marshall combo had some frayed grill cloth that the young cat was messing with a lot so I got an amp cover. I did replace the grill and she hasn't seemed to be as interested when it's uncovered since the frayed part isn't catching her eye.

MyLittleEye

Tele-Meister
We, as humans, have already modified them for our own interests. Does that make it ok? Morally?

I know I started it but enough ethics already - Imma just gonna stick to cute cats 'n bling...

Suzie's favourite game is helping me change guitar strings.

OP-1 Mustang Suzie.jpg

Ringo

Poster Extraordinaire
Well I'm sure that in that first picture that the damage to that amp didn't happen overnight, it's very easy to put a cover on an amp , or throw a blanket or something over it.
The only amps I've had cats scratch on were covered in the ozite stuff, so I put them in the closet or put a blanket over them.

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Holic
Well I'm sure that in that first picture that the damage to that amp didn't happen overnight, it's very easy to put a cover on an amp , or throw a blanket or something over it.
The only amps I've had cats scratch on were covered in the ozite stuff, so I put them in the closet or put a blanket over them.

Yeah, I didn't comment on how much laziness it took for it to get to that point.

MyLittleEye

Tele-Meister
I gotta ask... the colored dots on guitar? Colored keyboardy thing?

The coloured strings on the guitar are from when I first got the Rocksmith 2014 guitar game. I discovered that strings were available to match the string colours on the game.

It then occurred to me to me to stick matching dots on the fretboard and this has really helped me get my head around notes and chord patterns; the whole CAGED thing comes together.
There's no need for sharps or flats, that would get too messy.

My dotty fretboard maps to my keyboard now too. I got that specifically to help with learning music theory. I can read musical notation but find the keyboard easier to grasp than fretboard when learning about chord structures like inversions and such like. That toylike OP-1 is also capable of filling in for pretty much any other musical roles I might need!

I've seen commercial fretboard stickers with note names written on them but I prefer just plain colours. Writing seems to get consciously processed in a different part of my brain whereas plain colours seem to shortcut intuitively. Even though I know the keyboard well enough, the dots still help me compare chord structure between instruments without 'thinking'

It's my own system but I really feel it has helped tie together and fast track my grasp of theory.

Last edited:

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Holic
The coloured strings on the guitar are from when I first got the Rocksmith 2014 guitar game. I discovered that strings were available to match the string colours on the game.

It then occurred to me to me to stick matching dots on the fretboard and this has really helped me get my head around notes and chord patterns; the whole CAGED thing comes together.
There's no need for sharps or flats, that would get too messy.

My dotty fretboard maps to my keyboard now too. I got that specifically to help with learning music theory. I can a read musical score but find the keyboard easier to understand when learning about chord structures like inversions and such like. That toylike OP-1 is also capable of filling in for pretty much any other musical tasks I might need fulfilling!

I've seen commercial fretboard stickers with note names written on them but I prefer just plain colours. Writing seems to get consciously processed in a different part of my brain whereas plain colours seem to shortcut intuitively. Even though I know the keyboard well enough, the dots still help me compare chord structure between instruments without 'thinking'

It's my own system but I really feel it has helped tie together and fast track my grasp of theory.

Neat, thanks. And I like the pickguard sticker. Goes well with the guitar.

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
...the amp or the cat?

MyLittleEye

Tele-Meister
Neat, thanks. And I like the pickguard sticker. Goes well with the guitar.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not usually a sticker sticker but something about that Mustang suggested to me an atompunk vibe so I rolled with it. It's a water transfer that I meant to place behind the bridge but being semi transparent it just vanished against the red! I managed instead to squeeze her between the pups by amputating just the one foot.
(Now there's a sentence I never expected to write!)

Last edited: