When you must really, really love your cat...

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Holic
Found on a Reddit amp forum;
59825wgbe8v71.jpg

Last edited:

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter

Tim S

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Ouch!
Now here's a weird cultural difference between the US and the UK:
1. The thought of mutilating our pets for our own convenience wouldn't even occur to us!
2. Our vets would refuse.
3. Regardless of 1. and 2. it has become illegal anyway.
https://pictures-of-cats.org/Why-is-Declawing-Illegal-in-the-UK.html
There are plenty of people in the US who respect animals for what they are and accept all the goods and bads that are inherent while cohabiting with them. Please don’t use such a broad brush.

(Declawing laws vary from state to state)

MyLittleEye

Tele-Meister
So you don't spay or neuter them either?????
How about bobbing the tails of several different breeds of dogs?

Yeah, tail docking is considered mutilation under our animal welfare act and so illegal here too although you do see it sometimes in certain breeds but it's disapproved of - I'm pretty sure it means disqualification in dog shows now however.

Spaying pets is standard procedure in rescue centres to stop populations getting out of control and not regarded as mutilation - Both my cats are rescues.

Aaanyway! This is a fun, naughty cat thread and I didn't mean to swerve it off the jolly topic, I just winced a bit out loud! - if it seemed like a challenge I respectfully withdraw :oops:

Yours is a lovely looking cat - Her tail looks longer than her whole body?

clingin_on

Tele-Meister
The whole concept of the domesticated animal could be debated. We could compare them to animals kept in a zoo. We, as humans, have already modified them for our own interests. Does that make it ok? Morally?

I play with my little buddy every day because he still has his animal instincts. I view that as a basic responsibility of owning a pet.

Edit: this was in response to the de-clawing/birth control debate. I don't trim McLovio's claws. Having said that, he no longer has his balls.

Last edited:

Masmus

Tele-Holic
I learned the hard hay to block speaker grills or turn the amp against the wall. My current cat ignores everything musical except an open guitar case for sleeping.

One thing I have noticed over the years is a large number of 70's vintage black Peavey amps that have cat spray stains on them. No Marshalls, Fenders, Mesas etc... just 70's Peavey.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Not to engage in argument or judge anyone, but declawing is the equivalent of removing your fingers up to the first knuckle. Not really a good thing to do. Not to mention, the cat is defenseless if it gets out.

Spaying an neutering is good practice. Not the same.

Cats gonna cat, dogs gonna dogs, birds gonna bird. Etc. I'm amused by people who get all upset at animals not acting like humans. If you're not comfortable with animal behaviors, think for a while before bringing one into the house.