When you feel good about your partcaster..

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Alter, Oct 19, 2019.

1. oceanblue

oceanblue Tele-Meister

Absolutely correct. Not sure why so many are caught up with the decal on the headstock, when quite often, not always, but often, owner partscaster builds are better quality, parts and assembly, than many decal guitars (you read about people returning them all the time for . And if you have specific wants in a tele or strat, etc. often, the only way to get it, is build one yourself.

Owenmoney likes this.
  2. zeedoctour

zeedoctour Tele-Meister

They are all partscasters. Just who and where they are assembled is different, and the source of the parts. I would without hesitation put my partscasters up against those made by Fender. Any of them. The heroes we worship from the past ... in many cases ... were playing partscasters not assembled at the Fender factory in the guise or version we revered them playing those guitars. Yes I grant you the parts were largely Fender factor parts (but not always) and as Oceanblue stated, even a factory assembled Fender is in essence, a partscaster at heart.

Most (but certainly not all) of the being caught up in the decal on the headstock and "originality" is rooted in tribal fashion and the market we have created within the economy we have also created as part of how our society works.

It isn't a genuine marker of quality and value other than that which we bestow upon those criteria. Great tone and playability are truth's markers for quality and those values don't require a fashionable or collectible decal on the headstock.

Reputation pays a part in this as well. Your trademark can gain a reputation for quality (based on truth values) or junk (based on the same values) and then you have a further complication to consider in the "why is the decal so important" question. Generalizations are always going to fall short of the true picture.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    TeleTown, Owenmoney and oceanblue like this.
  3. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Could be worse... could have been a ‘63.

Alter likes this.
  4. Alter

Alter Tele-Meister

Here's how my rig sounded at this gig. Didn't feel a sound comparison with the other guitar would be fair since the Gibson was also playing through kind of a test rig :) (Dv Mark 50 hybrid head with a 200 watt Jbl speaker). My guitar goes into a boss ge-7 eq and then into the pro junior.

5. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Other people's stuff is just that. Yeah I like an old Gibson as much as the next guy but there's not much that can touch a partscaster that you built yourself and scratches all your itches.

6. Anita Bonghit

Anita Bonghit Tele-Meister

Thats what you call contrast, makes things interesting.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.