1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

When you can safely travel again, what's on your list?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BigDaddyLH, Jan 3, 2021.

1. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Mine seems do plebeian. Atlanta to find MY Taylor acoustic. I haven’t followed Taylor’s catalog since the world tipped over but I love the 614 non-cutaway. I want to play as many as I can and bring THAT guitar home.

Seeing my sister, BIL, and the dozens of friends in the area is another reason

2. Goldenshellback

Goldenshellback Tele-Meister

The UK. Primarily Scotland and England.

3. ForgeHound

ForgeHound TDPRI Member

Whatever watering hole has the shortest skirts

4. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

I'd be happy with the local movie theater. But a European vacation would be nice.

5. gtrwrks

gtrwrks Tele-Afflicted

Road trip -

From OKC to El Paso, TX to Los Cruces, NM to Taos, NM then westward across four corners to Flagstaff and the Museum Club.

But I have a buddy in Charlotte, NC and I need to get eastward as well.

slauson slim and MickM like this.
  6. MickM

MickM Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Take a little road trip back to this area and look for a place to hole up and maybe enjoy my remaining days.
    https://www.tdpri.com/threads/the-rapid-city-bighorns-raid-the-donkey-pen.1059128/

Like to have a look in these parts too.

7. Fredhead59

Fredhead59 TDPRI Member

England,Scotland, and Ireland. My wife and I want to visit our ancestral lands.
    btw I'm a direct descendant of Macbeth.

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'm 50% McDonalds.

darkwaters and TeleTucson like this.
  9. Bluesboy3

Bluesboy3 Tele-Afflicted

New Orleans

10. Gardo

Gardo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Believe it or not Altoona Pa. is on my list.
    To connect with friends I haven’t seen in years

11. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Wisconsin Dells. We postponed my sister's 80th birthday + family reunion, there, and hope to make it happen in August 2021. My sister can out run, out bike, out canoe, and out hike the rest of us put together.

12. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Friend of Leo's

When things improve I plan to buy a motorhome. My first trip will be to visit my daughter in Spain. My second grandchild is due later this month, and the first is almost tall enough to start riding on the back of my old junior back tandem. Both my daughters rode it from around the time of their third birthdays, and they insisted I keep it for when they had kids of their own. My wife cannot fly, but now she's retired we can spend a month or two driving to the south of Spain, with the tandem on the back. After that we can spend time in Ireland considering where we might settle down.

13. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

I would like to visit Savannah , Georgia in the springtime when the Azalea's are in bloom .

14. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi again.

I had designs on the UK until all this happened. Still want to go. I’m anthropologically inclined, so had planed to narrow choices down by making a ‘tour map’ around sites of archaeological interest. Not just the sites, they’re just an end to a means in many ways - using them as a way of defining areas to generally explore.

Also, I really want to do something similar in the US, this time defining places to visit by what I think of as (wrongly or rightly) the BBQ states. I also have this daydream that while I’m dong that, I’ll also pick up *amazingly cheap* bits and bobs along the way to build a Tele partscaster... :)

Pax/
    Dean

15. Jared Purdy

Jared Purdy Friend of Leo's

My wife and I were supposed to go to Tahiti for two - three weeks in the summer of 2020. We had booked an 11 day cruise with Paul Gauguin, and then a few days on one of the islands. An expensive trip, to be sure. It was paid for with a chunk of money that came to me by way of my late mother's estate. I got the money back, and put it into a tax free savings account, where any interest that is made off the principal is tax free. I'm hesitant to take it out now as it has accumulated quite a bit. What to do?

My wife is originally from Jamaica, and while we have been there countless times, the lock down has limited contact with family down there. We know the island well, and that is a plus. We also have close friends in Maui, with a round the clock, open invitation. Several countries in Africa are also on the table. Where ever it will be, it has to be safe, convenient and without too many restrictions, going, and coming back.

Ya, Chile would be good! As would Peru, Columbia, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Mauritius, Philippines, Thailand, Viet Nam, India......We live once. Live it!

16. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe The Masters next year. That would be great

Torren61 likes this.
  17. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

no place...ive had almost no impact with the restrictions going on...sad i know

Obsessed and Torren61 like this.
  18. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Is there a list you can get on to have young foreign girls come stay with you? Can you pick from photos? Can I schedule it for when my wife goes back to AU for a visit and then have her leave before my wife comes back? I'm asking for a friend...

19. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I want to continue the plan for our France trip. Starting in Marseilles and doing a half circle of the western part of France and checking out the Allied landings and battles to liberate France. Since I've been doing the Ancestry thing, there are several places I want to see in Europe that are historical to my family. I also want to see the Agincourt battlefield.

20. strat a various

strat a various Friend of Leo's

NOLA

Torren61 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.