When should I stop being a nice guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
I agree, describing her doesn't help but I do have some manners. I wouldn't describe her that was to anyone but you guys and another guitar forum. In truth, I only put that in there for commit relief but to also give you a mental picture of who I am dealing with.

Last edited:

willietheweirdo

Tele-Meister
Across the street from Anderson Guitarworks
"I should describe her a bit. She's about 60, most would call her fat, she has no teeth and won't wear dentures. She has swelling in her lags but won't take lasix. She has long grey hair and a beard that would be the envy of many a lumberjack."

Sorry but what has this got to do with her lying and snooping in your mail? I feel for your problems, but don't understand the intro. Would you be less bothered if she was a super-model and did the same thing? If you meant this to add weight to your argument, I don't think it does. JMO.

I would call the postmaster though. She has no right to enter your mail box.
A popular human who plays the game extremely well (100th percentile well), and these two refuse to play along? Odds are something's wrong with our boy. If someone doesn't give a hoot about even basic hygiene, maybe this person doesn't value harmony.

*edited for harmony

Lowerleftcoast

Poster Extraordinaire
The easiest thing to do... get the PO box.

Reporting her to the police or postmaster will go nowhere without proof. If you can get video, you stand a chance. Some states have strict privacy laws. You may need permission from the landlord to take video. Probably not worth the hassle and it would do nothing for the reputation of a nice guy.

Guitarteach

Doctor of Teleocity
The unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm
you should get together and make sweet love in the moonlight.
Yep.. some tension relief. :)

The woman sounds troubled in her own ways. She got any support? I suspect others are wise to her act and gossip.

Can you just get a lock for the mailbox or bolt one on and forget her? If landlady does ask, say the vulnerable lady required it but you did not want to get her into trouble by complaining. Then ask the landlady if she has ideas to help. Can escalate it more formally from there if needed.

Last edited:

Oxidao

Tele-Holic
After your conversation with this lady, you don't know how will this evolve.
I won't do a hard move yet, but I would just report anybody else, mainly neighbours and Mail officer, being sure she knows anybody else is aware of her behavior.
In case things go worst, there would be a precedent.

Flyboy

Tele-Holic
Wire the box to the mains!

Seriously, though: set up a little wifi camera. I wish that affordable tech was around back in the late '90s when a neighbour was snowdropping my GF's clothes off the washing line!

I'd go to the cops and make an official complaint. At least they'll have a record of your approach.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Stay nice. But I also say "be cruel, yet fair".

Anyone tampering with mail/stealing packages should expect to eventually be visited by the authorities.

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I see 4 choices, you choose the one you want:

1. Replace the mailbox with a security style box that locks with a key
2. Get a PO Box at the post office
3. Report it to the Postmaster and let them contact the crazy lady...Postal Inspectors can be very aggressive
4. Start mailing yourself books on how to kill people and hope she gets the message.
I like all 4 of these.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
I see 4 choices, you choose the one you want:

1. Replace the mailbox with a security style box that locks with a key
2. Get a PO Box at the post office
3. Report it to the Postmaster and let them contact the crazy lady...Postal Inspectors can be very aggressive
4. Start mailing yourself books on how to kill people and hope she gets the message.
Missed one choice.

5. MOVE!!!

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Ya, I thought about the locking mailbox the only issue is the landlady will see and that will lead to questions. I don't want her in trouble, I just want her to leave me and my stuff alone.

I'm thinking a Po box.
This is too nice. Report her and get the mail problem corrected. This should not be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.