1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

When One Vox Pathfinder 15R Through a 12" Is Not Enough

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Jazzerclean, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Jazzerclean

Jazzerclean Tele-Meister

Sounded so good going through 12" speaker cabinet, I paired up my stock Pathfinder 15R with my modded Pathfinder 15R, doubling the goodness.

GAS is not going away though in my later years lol, I now have three new Tele's bought within the least three months. Playing for over 40 years and never owned a Tele. The Tele never appealed to me until recently, it was always Gibson Les Pauls, and more recently, Gibson archtops and a few Strat's sprinkled over the decades.

Had to get three Tele's right? One with a humbucker neck pickup, one with a 4 way switch extra parallel option and the Fender BSB Stock Standard.

I know, even therapy can't help me. IMG_20200806_141620439.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  2. Ragnad

Ragnad TDPRI Member

cool! those pathfinder 15s aren't made anymore?

Jazzerclean and PhredE like this.
  3. PhredE

PhredE Tele-Holic

Yup, I believe production for those ended about 2013. Darn shame.

Jazzerclean, djh22 and nojazzhere like this.
  4. glenlivet

glenlivet Tele-Holic

Nice...going for the "wall of sound" ?? those two little things gotta sound wicked together, and through the 12" ...oh yea....

Congrats on the 3 tele's !!

.....but....you don't have 1 with a bigsby.....??

Jazzerclean, nojazzhere and PhredE like this.
  5. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

@Jazzerclean are you aware of the fact that there is a long running Pathfinder Owners club thread? Your OP was more about guitars and GAS than the 15R, but posting about those amps and what 12" cabs your running them into would be most welcome in that thread..

6. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Just to help clarify......buying and playing Telecasters and Pathfinder 15Rs IS therapy. Recommended by many of the licensed and knowledgeable practitioners here on TDPRI. It's a proven fact that we PF 15R owners are better adjusted and mentally balanced than Katana owners.....sorry to have to share that with you guys.:):):):)

7. Jazzerclean

Jazzerclean Tele-Meister

Thanks. Never got on with Bigsby's, had one on my very first guitar, a Gibson 1974 SG Standard, it did look good.

8. Jazzerclean

Jazzerclean Tele-Meister

I'm OK with that, as I don't own a Katana.

gregulator450 and nojazzhere like this.
  9. Jazzerclean

Jazzerclean Tele-Meister

OK thanks, will do for future posts.

10. Jazzerclean

Jazzerclean Tele-Meister

Yes, they pulled them out of production for a reason I guess? $$$$

nojazzhere and PhredE like this.
  11. Jazzerclean

Jazzerclean Tele-Meister

Actually Vox Pathy 15R gives their fortunate owners super powers, that's now becoming a known fact lol☺️☺️☺️☺️

nojazzhere and PhredE like this.
  12. Jazzerclean

Jazzerclean Tele-Meister

Hi LGOberean, could my thread be switched over to the Pathy Owners Club?

13. nojazzhere

Years ago, there was a Vox owners' website (now defunct) that is where I first learned of the Pathfinder 15R. When the PF 15R was discontinued, there was a great outcry and speculation about "why" it was dropped. I never heard an explanation from Vox, but the speculative consensus was that it involved the PF 15R sales affecting and hurting sales of other more expensive and profitable Vox amps. Vox was then pushing their modeling amps like the VT and VT+ series. I owned (before I got a PF15R) a Vox VT20+ amp, and while it was "OK".......as we know the PF15R is outstanding, at (I think) about 3/4 the price. While the AC 4 is a nice little amp, who wouldn't prefer the PF 15R, with roughly the same size "footprint", and four times the power? As George once said...."All things must pass". I'm just grateful to have my PF 15R amps, and won't take them for granted. ;)

djh22, Jazzerclean and LGOberean like this.
  14. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

That would be a question for the moderators of this forum. I wasn't trying to present myself as a "voice of authority" here.

It's just my opinion that non-club threads posted in the club sections of this forum confuse things a bit. It's not the end of the world; TDPRI has good search features, so even if club-like information is found in non-club threads it can still be found.

Also just my opinion, but I'm inclined to think at this point that it would not be best to move this thread. There is good discussion here, and it is certainly of interest to those of us tele-playing pathy owners. I just hope that at some point you'll share these pics and discussion in the club thread: https://www.tdpri.com/threads/vox-pathfinder-owners.166040/.

djh22, Jazzerclean and nojazzhere like this.
  15. nojazzhere

I tend to post "non-Telecaster-specific" threads in the Bad Dog Cafe. My understanding is that the Bad Dog is a "general interest" area, and someone (mods?) seem to move them to the Telecaster page. Maybe I'm not "doing it right", but it seems to work satisfactorily. I rarely if ever go on the different forum pages, sticking exclusively to the Tele page/posts. I'm glad (however it happened) that this Pathfinder 15R thread landed here.......;)

Jazzerclean likes this.
  16. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Sweet! For your next session, you may want a Nashville Deluxe with a 7way, or an HH. :D

Jazzerclean likes this.
  17. Jazzerclean

Jazzerclean Tele-Meister

Thanks , thay's good background on why Vox pulled the PF15R from production.
    Like you, I won't take mine for granted either.

nojazzhere likes this.
  18. Jazzerclean

Jazzerclean Tele-Meister

Ok, cheers.

19. Jazzerclean

Jazzerclean Tele-Meister

I might be Tele'd out atm ( if that's possibe lol)

stormsedge likes this.
  20. gregulator450

gregulator450 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

As I have mentioned in TDPRI before, I stumbled upon a P15R for $40 on Christmas eve last year. I had never heard of the amp. Holy crap do I love it, and wish I could find 5 more.

I always assert that I am not a vox guy but this amp changed me. (I wouldn't mind having an AC either.)

djh22, Jazzerclean and nojazzhere like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.