1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

When does DIY become more important then playing

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by pinchegil, Oct 29, 2020.

1. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Afflicted

I don't play much right now due to 4 young kids, house and car maintenance and mandatory overtime. I am also recovering from an injury and catching up on repairing some flooding that occured in my practice space (don't worry - my gear is safe).

I'm in a "gearing up" stage at the moment. Getting ready for when I have more time for playing and recording.

I've created a space for tinkering.

I've created a space for practicing.

I'm building up a modern recording setup.

I'm building my dream Vox amp.

I've started ordering parts for my dream Marshall Amp. (I've already picked up the Marshall 4x12 with V30s)

I need to recap and service the amps I built 15 years ago and sell some of them. I need to do some guitar maintenance also.

I don't even really have time to tinker at the moment. I usually accomplish this during Christmas vacation.

I did break down and buy a Vox modeling amp, for those times when I have a hankering to play, but my amps are all in various states of tinkering ;)

drew1d, pinchegil and Digital Larry like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.