When Does A Strat Sound Too Clean ?

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I'm not so sure I understand what you mean by "too clean". Are you looking for a little more "hair" on it?
I thought the clip sounded fine. The only thing my old ears heard that might need a touch of improvement is it sounds like it's lacking some dynamics. Maybe some EQ with a bit of boost?

kookaburra

Friend of Leo's
It’s not a dilemma. It’s a sign of maturity.
Horses for courses. I'm 65 and still love the dirt. But, few people accuse me of being mature, as a guitar player anyway. And, once in a long while, I might clean up.

I may not like sparkly clean Strats for myself, but I do enjoy hearing others play them that way. So I'd say they can't get too clean.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
Horses for courses. I'm 65 and still love the dirt. But, few people accuse me of being mature, as a guitar player anyway. And, once in a long while, I might clean up.

I may not like sparkly clean Strats for myself, but I do enjoy hearing others play them that way. So I'd say they can't get too clean.
I get you. I play clean. Strat, Tele, Gretsch, or Annie. But I play through a Boogie so there’s always a little dirt under the finger nails.

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
Without clean,
There is no clean

1651707594363.png

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Strats just bug me.
They’re comfortable, versatile and common as fleas.
They just don’t ever sound like me.
I have a nice Strat, I just very rarely play it.
It’s not the “cleanliness” that bugs me, it’s the overall “thinness” of it.
It also dislike the control layout.
It’s right in the way of my picking hand.
Grrrrr. ;)