What's your rig? You get 1 amp, 1 guitar, and 1 pedal.

Bob Arbogast

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Right now it would be this, with just the pedal in the middle (FYI, the amp is a 2x10):

9lp8v4R.jpg

Burning Fingers

Tele-Meister
What would your rig be if you could have only 1 amp, 1 guitar, and 1 pedal?

Here are some guidelines:
(1) You don't have to have owned any of this gear. It can be dream gear.
(2) You can't say a Fractal or amp simulator of any kind. It has to be a physical amp.
(3) The pedal can't be some kind of honkin' multi-function thing. I'm thinking of basically one effect.
(4) If you want to substitute an outboard 6G15 reverb unit (or any other) for the pedal, you can.

I haven't played through enough stuff to speak intelligently of a dream rig (though I imagine a brown Tolex Fender could be my amp in that scenario), so I'll stick with some things I know. For now:

AMP: vintage Deluxe Reverb
GUITAR: 50's-style Les Paul with P-90's
PEDAL: Boss Blues Driver

60's Strat into a 5E3 via EH Holy Grail reverb pedal

raysachs

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I just had a LIKE on a post I made to this thread in January of 2018. So I read what I wrote and not a single bit of it would be the same today. So, I guess I'm another:

This week, it's......

I don't change things up THAT often, but over the course of a couple years, I'm bound to change some stuff.

RadioFM74

Friend of Leo's
1) An old style Tele (my 52 AVRI will do, as also my Baja 60s)
2) Tube Screamer
3) a nice BF amp (I guess the desert island one would be a DR) or a 5E3 (I have yet to try one… next on my to-do list). If I have neighbours I might disturb, change that to a BF/SF vibro champ and 5F1 or similar

Sorry! Not that original!

Just like @raysachs I read back and the pedal would most certainly change to a Bluesbreaker. The rest can stay.

PastorJay

Friend of Leo's
This week:
Gibson LP Special with P90s. Maybe you could talk me into a semi-hollowbody instead?
Fender EC Vibro Champ (Tweed with built in tremolo). You could talk me into a larger Tweed as long as it's got trem--a Tremolux maybe?
A Klone Clone (I've got the MXR Sugar Drive).

Or I could plug a Taylor 812 into the board.

6 months ago I probably would have said a Hot Rod Tele or a Martin 28 HD V.

If it's an amp without trem, the Sugar Drive disappears and a trem pedal takes its place.

26 months later:
Humbucker equipped ES 335 (or Collings 335 style) into a Swart AST or AST Pro.

Amp has reverb and trem. Just need an OD. Which one?
I've never owned a real Tube screamer.

awasson

Poster Extraordinaire
39 years? Wow, I love my Ibanez guitars and I didn't know that Ibanez made semi-hollowbody guitars that long ago! What year is it?- it is a very cool guitar!

Thanks. Mine are from 1981. The one I’ve owned since new was made in July of 1981 and the other I picked up recently is from February 1981. Ibanez were making semi hollows in the early 60’s and maybe even earlier but I think they really found their stride in the mid-70’s and perfected them a little before the 80’s. I’ve got three Ibanez guitars from 1981 and they just never fail to put a smile on my face.

awasson

Poster Extraordinaire
I just had a LIKE on a post I made to this thread in January of 2018. So I read what I wrote and not a single bit of it would be the same today. So, I guess I'm another:

This week, it's......

I don't change things up THAT often, but over the course of a couple years, I'm bound to change some stuff.

I answered twice in 2018 and once in 2019 and the amp and guitar type (Strats) remained the same. I changed the pedal from compressor to a delay pedal. This year everything changed in my preference so I guess I’m in the “This week it’s....” club too.

Wildeman

Tele-Holic
Tele
Twin
Good OD/PRE like a Nocturne Brain or a Morley JD 10 or a Lovepedal Mosferatu or....all pedals i have, and any one will do.

kookaburra

Friend of Leo's

This week, it's......

Same here, except 2017. Mine has also changed, although not radically.