1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What's your rarest pedal?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by kbold, Jan 30, 2021.

1. 57fenderstrat

57fenderstrat Tele-Holic

Nice ! I have been eyeing reverb debating about it for awhile now but I’m always slow on the draw when one pops up. You enjoying it and any noticeable noise or anything ? I have been thinking about it for a tweed deluxe but I’m hemming and hawing knowing that some day I’m gunna try to get a blackface anyways.

Much love for barber though, my tone press is my not so secret weapon for side guitar and boost

2. archtop_fjk

archtop_fjk Tele-Holic

This is perhaps my most rare pedal - the D3P multi distortion. It’s a preamp, overdrive, distortion, and fuzz all I one and it sounds great! The fuzz sounds just like a big muff.

9D1BBDB2-0C3D-4905-9018-C72DD8063340.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  3. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Afflicted

Not super rare, but not on everyone’s pedal board
    C00F09C0-F01A-4077-9922-0C867F7A112F.jpeg

bluesholyman likes this.
  4. RifleSlinger

RifleSlinger Tele-Meister

295E93A9-FFAC-4998-ABFC-AE50C1CAFE03.jpeg

I made this as a one off for myself- "Hammer of the Todd" (I'm Todd). Germanium Fuzz with some minor circuit tweaks.

kbold, Bella and SparkleFart like this.
  5. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Afflicted

Original (Made in England) Marshall Guv'nor and a Late 60's/early 70's Thomas Organ Co. wah (Modded).

6. mojek

mojek Tele-Meister

Ibanez OT10, one of the first EHX Micro synthesizers and one of first Colorsound Supa Fuzz Wahs(stripbiard version).

7. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

None of my pedals are rare. I like them well-done...:p
    I may not do everything in a conventional manner, but I typically do it with more mainstream items.

My fear with using rarities is that if I were to become dependent on a specific hard-to-find pedal, and then it dies, the replacement process could/would be an exercise in frustration that I just don't think I am up for at this stage in my life.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  8. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

They just happened to have one at my local GC, so I pounced on it.

It’s not noisy at all. I’ve used it two different ways, as a fat mid boost in the “Marshall” setting, and to add some sparkle in the blackface setting. Really useful and sounds great without having to take much time to dial it in.

57fenderstrat likes this.
  9. dhodgeh

dhodgeh TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

Jon Landgraff Mo'D Serial # 2

I also have a custom silicon fuzz built by Dave Fox housed in one of those round fuzz face enclosures.

D

10. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

The only NOS pedal I've tracked down for purchase was a Danelectro Cool Cat Metal 1. Probably not "rare".

11. nicknklv

nicknklv Tele-Holic

The Nordvang '83 Drive.

Handmade in Denmark, inspired by John Mayer.

It was a Christmas present from my girlfriend. Totally unexpected, I was floored.

It's a K-style circuit on the right and a Blues Breaker on the left. It's got more functionality than I know what to do with. I really dig the BB side, it's very sweet sounding with the gain at 10.

I don't think I would ever spend that much on a pedal myself, but man, is it cool! :D

Attached Files:

12. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

20201107_103113.jpg
    My original Clark Gainster, some days I prefer this od to my original klon, a fabulous od it is!!

RJ

13. teletail

teletail Friend of Leo's

I have an early 90’s Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal. I still have the original box! I had the original plastic that it was sealed in, but when I sent it out to have the switch repaired, they threw it out.

14. darkwaters

darkwaters Friend of Leo's

My Righteous Tones Slinger Distortion and my DOD FX747 Stereo Flanger:

upload_2021-1-31_11-10-28.png

upload_2021-1-31_11-11-9.png

northernguitar likes this.
  15. tanplastic

tanplastic Tele-Holic

I've still got one of these, just pulled it out last week and it works.
    It's pretty rare, but not valuable.
    [​IMG]

MrCoolGuy likes this.
  16. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

Assuming the one off stuff I’ve built doesn’t count... ;)

There are a few possibilities.

-My Fender Runaway Feedback pedal is definitely very rare. Definitely the rarest non-boutique pedal I have, and possibly the rarest in general

-My Midnight30Music Princess Leia OD30. I’m pretty sure they didn’t make a ton of these. I’ve seen the other Star Wars ones they’ve done on reverb a few times, but the Leia rarely pops up, so it’s gotta be pretty rare. Mine was done as a one off after they discontinued that graphic, and I think there were only 20 or 50 made before that.

-My Electro Faustus Super Disruptor. Not exactly a common pedal to begin with, but they made a decent amount— what makes mine “rare” is that mine had a defective IC, and when they dropped it off for them to fix it (they’re like 15 min away from me and I’m friends with the guys at the company) they modded it to have a different filter design they were experimenting with. I think mine is the only one that isn’t owned by one of the guys there that has that filter in it— maybe 3 or 4 total? Idk, but it sounds amazing.

-Just arrived yesterday: Dweezil Zappa’s MXR variphase. The variphase that had the auto return function wasn’t all that common to begin with (still probably a lot of them made though, but not a lot compared to other MXR stuff) but I bought Dweezil’s in his reverb sale, and there’s only one that he owned ;) since that’s more a case of rarity due to the owner rather than rarity of the pedal itself, it probably doesn’t count, but if it *does* count, then it’s the rarest I have.

17. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

My big box Deluxe Memory Man is one of the transitional ones where it has 4 chip sockets for the MN3008 bucket brigade chips, but they were still using 2 MN3005s and leaving 2 slots empty. So I sent it to Analogman to be modded with 2 more MN3005 chips for about 850ms of delay instead of the 450ish that you usually get. Not a whole lot of these out there.

[​IMG]

Can barely see the Analogman sticker on the side there:

[​IMG]

puddin and northernguitar like this.
  18. teleman14

teleman14 Tele-Meister

My modded big box Bigfoot Fx Magnavibe. One Of the original 10, I think that’s all that were made, that were a in a bigger box with trem and vibrato, with two foot switches. Jered the builder modded mine to blend the trem into the vibrato. Still works as a trem, too, so I have trem, vibrato, and blended

19. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Probably one of these. My original ts9 I had modded by analog man C5935583-8B34-4798-A290-EB4D76D25398.jpeg

northernguitar likes this.
  20. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

Probably my Tanabe Zenkudo OD
    [​IMG]

Tele Plucker likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.