What's your Postmodern Tele Pickups & Action Height Settings?

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Tenderfoot, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Meister

For my NOS Postmodern Tele I have used the values that on the ruler that's part of the Custom Shop Tool Set that came with the guitar. Action measured at 21st Fret. High E 1/16", Low E 3/32". For Pickup height with last fret depressed and measuring from bottom of string to top of fret. Bridge & Neck: 3/32" High E and 1/8" Low E.

These settings seem to work for each pickup by itself but the middle position seems a little weak in volume and not (IMHO) getting the ideal tele twang.

I have tried various settings based on the Fender Telecaster Setup Guide and several pickup winders but would really appreciate some real world settings to try and see if I can zero in on the tone I am looking for.

I have restored the tele to original factory condition with the exception of the Greasebucket wiring harness which was replaced with a standard 1967 type wiring harness using 250K Pots and 47uf cap (no bleed circuit).

Thanks!

2. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Meister

3. Falconbill

Falconbill Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Good luck with it. That twangy middle position sound is one of the things I love about a Telly.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.