What's your opinion on sparkly Telecasters?

John_B

Tele-Meister
I have always loved gold & silver sparkle Tele & P Bass guitars! I FINALLY had my Tele painted at the beginning of fall.

100_1344.JPG

Gary in Boston

Friend of Leo's
I have always loved gold & silver sparkle Tele & P Bass guitars! I FINALLY had my Tele painted at the beginning of fall.

View attachment 917547

I love th finish on that guitar, on my screen it kinda looks like a champagne sparkle set of Ludwig drums I had.

What is the color BTW ?

Gary

PS if I needed another guitar (which I really don't) I'd get a Brad P Tele and switch out the pick guard for a white one and there you go...........

GreatDaneRock

Tele-Afflicted
I'd have to count myself in the Tele traditionalist crowd. However lately I've found myself browsing metal flake finished bodies with arm and tummy contours. I guess I've got a bunch of Teles and I'm looking to do something different with one of them.

Anyway, metal flake finishes - yea or nay? What comes to mind? Too country? Too flashy? Cool?
If it's a Tele it's all good in my book, no matter if it has an arm or belly cut, sparkle or no sparkle. For the record I like sparkly!

John_B

Tele-Meister
Gary,

Believe it or not, it is Krylon rattle can Glitter Blast Gold. It was painted by a professional painter. Krylon also has a Rose Gold that looks very close to Champagne.

Danjabellza

Friend of Leo's
Depends on the context, the aesthetic, and the quality. I’m all for virtually any color/variety of finish depending on those factors.