What's your opinion on sparkly Telecasters?

Whitebeard

Tele-Meister
99c81cee8cdfff4aa5db796648ee9525ea-24-liberace.rsquare.w700.jpg
Nailed it. :)

WillJ

TDPRI Member
My 2017/18 Elite came Fender's Mystic Black with a bit of sparkle embedded in the color without calling much attention to itself. I didn't notice it until two weeks after I got it. I like the finish and color but probably wouldn't go out and get a more sparkly finish. I've thought about adding some mini tubes or mini cabling for smoke and lightning flashes along the neck for those songs like Ghost Riders in the Sky but am still in the contemplation phase.....

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
If I found one of those Brad Paisley teles, at a reasonable price, I'd be all over it. Light weight and all the specs suit me well. :D

Guitar finish is one of the least important factors, in my purchase decisions.

Skip Ijam

TDPRI Member
Have a Silver Sparkle, which I played for a while and loved, (until someone pleked the frets without asking, it was okay, but haven't played since, and willed it to my Grandson who won't know the difference anyway, his mom claimed it, sort of...) It is a little flashy for my personality. As it turns out, I'm a sunburst Les Paul kinda guy, and have five other teles two black, and two sunburst, one is a B-Bender , and one has a Bigsby.

Silver sparkle does catch the colored lights and is showy.

Budrocket1

TDPRI Member
Are you kidding? Seeing Buck and the boys on my TV when I was a youngster really did it for me and sparklecasters. Bring 'em on! Didn't hurt that the banana seat on my Schwinn was purple sparkle.
There's very little that wouldn't look good with a big ol' handful of metal flake stirred into it... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4676.JPG
    IMG_4676.JPG
    436.7 KB · Views: 15

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Refinishing guitars is my hobby. Rustoleun rattlecan. These days I'm crazy bout glitter!! I have a bunch of guitars and of course they all look the same as all the guitars we see pictured in all the ads or all the forums. Never any change from one decade to the next. But glitter can be exaggerated or subtle as behooves me at the time of spraying. It's not difficult to do and it sure as H sets that guitar apart from the blah. I would not care to turn them ALL into glitter but, I do have plans for a gold, a black, a blue and we'll see what else. In glitter! Count me in.

They have rattlecan metal flake?