What's your hometown's claim to fame

Coffeemutt

Tele-Meister
Somerset, KY

It was the self-proclaimed "Houseboat Capital of the World", which may have been true before the 2008 recession, which put most of the local houseboat factories out of business.

But what I think is coolest is that it's the birthplace of Gibson's Ted McCarty.

Doctor of Teleocity
We moved around as a child, but the first place I remember calling home was Appomattox, Virginia. The American Civil War ended there (150 years ago), and that is about the only reason I can imagine anyone would have ever even heard of it.
Been there many times. Kinda creepy place sometimes at night after a bar gig. Also have ancestors that were there at the surrender.

BryMelvin

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
In the guitar world I guess The childhood home of Nuno Bettencourt. (Hudson MA)

In the World History the home of William Dawes, The other rider with Paul Revere.

The ENd of I 290 and the place I left in in 1970 And will probably never return!

There was a Zippo thing on here. When I was in High School a SSGT Martinez lived in the neighborhood when not deployed, He Showed up in Readers Digest ads With Silver Star and a Zippo which stopped a bullet in his shirt pocket.

Last edited:

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
In the guitar world I guess The childhood home of Nuno Bettencourt. (Hudson MA)

In the World History the home of William Dawes, The other rider with Paul Revere.

The ENd of I 290 and the place I left in in 1970 And will probably never return!

There was a Zippo thing on here. When I was in High School a SSGT Martinez lived in the neighborhood when not deployed, He Showed up in Readers Digest ads With Silver Star and a Zippo which stopped a bullet in his shirt pocket.
I've been to Billy Jacks but I'm pretty sure it's closed now. And i used to live in a cabin, in name only, out by the lake.

loudboy

Tele-Holic
I like Craig slot and fully respect him for his blatant honesty and humor about his history with alcohol.
My favorite of all late night hosts.

My hometown, Rhinebeck NY:

John Jacob Astor IV, rich guy, went down on the Titanic.
Emma Roberts
Paul Rudd
Rufus Wainwright

Where I grew up, Newark NY:

Original home of Jackson and Perkins Roses, huge garden there and a big parade every year.
Fold-Pak, who make every Chinese food carton, was started here.

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
Well, I live in Pittsburgh and many people would say Primanti Brothers. For those that never have, it's actually a pretty good deli sandwich, nothing like New York, but before they give it to you they pile it high with soggy greasy french fries. And no, they won't make it any other way. Let's face it, if it was that good every city would make them. So no, it's not that.

We have 446 bridges more than any other city including Venice.

The Pittsburgh Pirates have the record for most consecutive loosing seasons than any other professional team in the US, regardless of the sport.

Whatcha got?
lets see now..vancouver b.c...well..these are not in order of importance...money laundering..bad cops..gang warfare..super high prices usually over a million for home that should cost 100k..usually poor governments ..some govs on the take in the past...oh..and it's usually nice in the summer..there's probably more.. but i suspect this is enough for now😴

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
According to the 7:30 report many years ago my hometown (Sawtell NSW Australia) is the capital of cannabis growing in NSW. Since then I'm guessing it has been overtaken by Nimbin but still...it's a record of sorts.
Nothing else has ever happened here which is exactly how I like it.

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
I was born in New Haven, recognized by the Library of Congress as the birthplace of the hamburger sandwich in 1900. New Haven is also recognized by discerning diners the world over as having the three or four best pizza restaurants in the world, depending on who you ask.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
1642662372325.png

Slade, 1971

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
I was born in New Haven, recognized by the Library of Congress as the birthplace of the hamburger sandwich in 1900. New Haven is also recognized by discerning diners the world over as having the three or four best pizza restaurants in the world, depending on who you ask.
I saw New Haven and immediately thought of pizza.