A fashion district.
A fish district.
A Little Italy district
A German Town district.
A West Side Irish District.
A Spanish Harlem District.
A Music Instruments District.
A Printing District.
...and a whole bunch more former districts.

So NYC is famous for being the biggest and most expensive museum of what they used to have and be.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
What was the brand of the glove? What made it so exceptional?

The SLA, the Zodiac Killer and the Manson Family -- the first two Bay Area locals! -- all loomed large in my childhood.

Patty Hearst's book about her SLA experience, "Every Secret Thing," is a very good read. On one level, the SLA was a total clown show, but it had law enforcement running in circles for awhile and, like Manson, its leader Donald DeFreeze seemed to have an uncanny instinct for brainwashing,
Pretty Close to being THE glove

The web is slightly different from mine, but pretty close. I'd seen Bump Wills use one in a game against Cal state fullerton and then I saw Robin Yount (when he first came up with the brewers at 17) and I just really wanted a pro level glove as i'd always had cheap, crummy gloves. I was the kid who could fix gloves and I restrung gloves pretty much every night in high school and college for friends.

I could redo the web in maybe 10 minutes, so, if it broke in a game, I could fix it quickly.

It would be interesting if they had film of guys like defreeze and manson where they showed how they drew people in. I saw a documentary and actually had dinner once (in a group event) with someone who had been involved in the Jim Jones investigation and it was intriguing to hear how the mind machine worked for him. Kinda like reading the news now! (on a different scale)

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
Pretty Close to being THE glove

The web is slightly different from mine, but pretty close. I'd seen Bump Wills use one in a game against Cal state fullerton and then I saw Robin Yount (when he first came up with the brewers at 17) and I just really wanted a pro level glove as i'd always had cheap, crummy gloves. I was the kid who could fix gloves and I restrung gloves pretty much every night in high school and college for friends.

I could redo the web in maybe 10 minutes, so, if it broke in a game, I could fix it quickly.

It would be interesting if they had film of guys like defreeze and manson where they showed how they drew people in. I saw a documentary and actually had dinner once (in a group event) with someone who had been involved in the Jim Jones investigation and it was intriguing to hear how the mind machine worked for him. Kinda like reading the news now! (on a different scale)

Was it a Rawlings? I know that's basic, but that's what we had when we got our good gloves as kids, and it seemed like a quality item. I mean, how many features can they add?

I forgot about Jim Jones, another huge Bay Area baddy from my youth. A few years back, I read a really good book on him by Jeff Guinn, who also wrote the best, most thorough book on Manson, and I've watched numerous docs. Jones is a much more inscrutable character than Manson, as well as far less charming and, believe it or not, sympathetic. The Jim Jones story is relentlessly depressing and the church milieu is really alien to me, but it is fascinating, and the climax, which includes the runway ambush of Congressman Leo Ryan is, well... I can understand why there are competing movie projects about Jones at the moment, one with Leonardo DiCaprio attached and another with Joseph Gordon Levitt set to star. But I think it's the story is best told through documentaries. There is a surprising amount of video and film footage, as well as audio recordings of the final drinking of the Flavor Aid.

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Home of the O’Neill dynasty until the 17th century.

Also the destination of the first civil rights march in Northern Ireland.

For the golfers, Darren Clarke.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Was it a Rawlings? I know that's basic, but that's what we had when we got our good gloves as kids, and it seemed like a quality item. I mean, how many features can they add?

I forgot about Jim Jones, another huge Bay Area baddy from my youth. A few years back, I read a really good book on him by Jeff Guinn, who also wrote the best, most thorough book on Manson, and I've watched numerous docs. Jones is a much more inscrutable character than Manson, as well as far less charming and, believe it or not, sympathetic. The Jim Jones story is relentlessly depressing and the church milieu is really alien to me, but it is fascinating, and the climax, which includes the runway ambush of Congressman Leo Ryan is, well... I can understand why there are competing movie projects about Jones at the moment, one with Leonardo DiCaprio attached and another with Joseph Gordon Levitt set to star. But I think it's the story is best told through documentaries. There is a surprising amount of video and film footage, as well as audio recordings of the final drinking of the Flavor Aid.
yep. a rawlings.

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
Well I was originally born in San Marcos, TX so that whole area is flooded with historic venues and artist (I’m grouping the general area.)

But I grew up in Wylie, TX. (Dallas area)
Only thing I can think of is a love triangle ax murder in the 80’s