What's your hometown's claim to fame

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I haven't lived there for 40 years, but Pittsburgh is still my home town, so yeah bridges, lots and lots of bridges. And if we're talking food, I'll take a Robert Wholey's fresh Icelandic cod fish sammich (comes with with fries and slaw on the side- where they belong) over Primanti Bros and just about every other eatery food item in the greater Pittsburgh area.
Robert-Wholey-and-Co--Pittsburgh-Coupons-60.png
Even over the mixed grill at DeLuca's?
1642602206791.png

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
Home town? The village where I grew up? It’s not changed for the better, that’s for sure. To explain what happened would be driving too close to the guard rail and I’ve already had my wrist slapped once this month. Let’s just say corruption hasn’t helped.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Ft Worth, Texas......don't even know where to begin. Amon Carter, Cullen Davis, Lee Harvey Oswald, the Stockyards and Billy Bob's Texas, Delbert McClinton, George Carlin on KXOL radio, Casa Manana, Joe T. Garcia's, Tandy Corp. and Radio Shack, Jacksboro Highway, The Cellar, (where Secret Service partied on evening of Nov. 21, 1963) Long-Hair Jim Cartwright, Kimbell and Modern Art museums, (the buildings are almost of greater note than the art within) and on and on.......;)
Added.....I just realized, someone could easily write a "We Didn't Start the Fire" kind of song about Ft Worth. ;)

Last edited:

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Memphis:
Home of the Blues
Home of Elvis
Home of BB King, Al Greene, Isaac Hayes lived only a few blocks from me, Tom T Hall used to be seen cruising around, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins lived here but is originally from Mississippi, Rufus Thomas, Sun Studio, several other celebs live or used to live here
Barbecue (The Rendezvous)
Beale Street
Memphis in May Music Fest
The Memphis Zoo

All of the above would make it a great place to live or visit, but our claim to infamy - the most violent city in the US - pretty much negates those things. The worst, rudest drivers who wanna shoot at you (the only reason we don’t have the highest murder rate - albeit in the top 20 -is cause these thugs can’t shoot straight) and car jackers galore. My goal is to move within a year if I can get out alive. It wasn’t always like this.

O- Fender

Friend of Leo's
The town I was born and raised in is known as a great place to come from. (heavy emphasis on the last word of that sentence)

The place I live in now is the home town of some 70s Canadian disco group with a name I can't remember off hand. They appeared many times on several American variety shows. They had a couple of hits but, again, are so famous I can't remember the titles. I'm sure if I wasn't so lazy I could Wikipedia it but I don't want to risk the possible earworm.