What's your hometown's claim to fame

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
Well, I live in Pittsburgh and many people would say Primanti Brothers. For those that never have, it's actually a pretty good deli sandwich, nothing like New York, but before they give it to you they pile it high with soggy greasy french fries. And no, they won't make it any other way. Let's face it, if it was that good every city would make them. So no, it's not that.

We have 446 bridges more than any other city including Venice.

The Pittsburgh Pirates have the record for most consecutive loosing seasons than any other professional team in the US, regardless of the sport.

Whatcha got?

bullfrogblues

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
51M3rmxZOLL.jpg

catdaddy

Tele-Afflicted
I haven't lived there for 40 years, but Pittsburgh is still my home town, so yeah bridges, lots and lots of bridges. And if we're talking food, I'll take a Robert Wholey's fresh Icelandic cod fish sammich (comes with with fries and slaw on the side- where they belong) over Primanti Bros and just about every other eatery food item in the greater Pittsburgh area.
Robert-Wholey-and-Co--Pittsburgh-Coupons-60.png

Junkyard Dog

Friend of Leo's
We moved around as a child, but the first place I remember calling home was Appomattox, Virginia. The American Civil War ended there (150 years ago), and that is about the only reason I can imagine anyone would have ever even heard of it.

grandstick

Tele-Holic
Official birthplace of the U.S. Memorial Day commemoration.

Drainage tiles for farming.

Modern embalming techninque.

Hometown of 2x Super Bowl coach for the NY Giants.

Harry Styron

Friend of Leo's
Large chunks of galena (lead ore) were discovered here in 1850, in far southwest Missouri.
1642601762556.jpeg

I moved to Granby when I was 5. I was born in Vinita, Oklahoma, which is also the birthplace of Dr. Phil, who was born in the same hospital in the same week in November 1950 as my older brother. My mother denies knowing Dr. Phil or his mother, who may have shared the maternity ward that week.