1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What's your favorite wah pedal?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by nosuch, Feb 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. richinmusic

richinmusic TDPRI Member

2. jrblue

jrblue Friend of Leo's

I have the BYOC wah that has a bunch of interior trimpots that I changed into regular pots/knobs in the wah housing so you can easily adjust 5 parameters. As I recall, I also changed the inductor. I can't really imagine, now, having a wah that I could not fine tune to my guitar and signal chain. It's a huge and useful luxury to be able to dial in the voice and response that's best for you as an individual. With a vocal wah, that just seems highly desirable to me, and was worth the work.

DCCable likes this.
  3. mojek

mojek Tele-Meister

Have 70’s Jen Super Mister CB, Ibanez Wau Fuzz(somebody put different diy guts in it) and Cry Baby Mini. If they’d all 3 stolen, I would buy Mini again. Larger sweep, 3 sound modes, pedalboard friendly, available:)

4. Maguchi

Maguchi Tele-Holic

I have to agree about the Vox 847. I have an 847-A modded for true bypass, maybe 10 years old. It feels the most comfortable and precise under foot of the many wahs I have tried. The tones, balance, sweep and "voice" just sound really expressive to my ear. For auto-wah, I like to use an old Boss T-Wah TW-1. Great for funk music using fast strumming mixing strummed chords and muted chords. Vox847-1.jpg Vox847-2.jpg BossTW-1.jpg

telemnemonics likes this.
  5. peregrin8511

peregrin8511 TDPRI Member

I tried out the BadHorsie and I had nowhere to go after that. No clanking on/off, it's just there ready when you are. Stick your foot on it, it's engaged- take your foot off it, straight back to no wah. That's all it takes! I'd never find a reason to go to any other due to its seamless operation. :cool:

24 track likes this.
  6. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

<deleted>

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  7. Frankie

Frankie Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Geoffrey Teese built me a Real McCoy Picture Wah years back using original NOS inductors he still had. It wasn't cheap, but it sounds awesome.

bobk and bluesholyman like this.
  8. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

Wilson wahs are the best ive ever played. Ive owned 3

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.