What's Your Favorite Time to play guitar?

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
When my wife hasn't got me doing gardening, and barking orders out......yes, I'm a bitter man, a very bitter man......now along you go widja.....

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Not sure there’s a particular time for me.

Now that I’ve escaped the surly bonds of daily employment, any old time is pretty choice. But amongst that, I’ve somehow managed to fall in with some really fine players, so the times I get to play with them is something for which I’m very, very grateful.

Not ninja level, equipment endorsing folks, just really good players who love to play.

I’ve done some amount of coffee house/beer joint solo performing, but I prefer playing with others.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
When I get home from a gig, my brain is still buzzing music. Even though the gig, breaking down and the 45 minute drive home was tiring (71 here), I'll sit and play acoustic(s) for an hour or so. I'll always make new connections, hit a few new riffs, thinking all the time I should fire up the DAW and get some of this down,.. but I never want to take the time, I'm just digging playing.

What floats your wagon, playing guitar wise? Got a time o' day, favorite beverage accompaniment, place,..
Favorite time to play is 10 PM to 2 AM. For accompaniment will plug an Alesis SR-16 into a Boss RC-1 or RC-3 looper for the drum track, then layer some chords over the drum machine loop, and play lead, melodies and riffs over that, will also use a Digitech Trio+ pedal for accompaniment sometimes. Favorite beverage, white Russian.

20210817_204450.jpg
20211206_004201.jpg
20201112_123411 (1).jpg
20220620_175741.jpg
__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__simply_recipes__uploads__2019__12__White...jpg

Last edited:

Lockback

Tele-Meister
I've gotten into kind of a nice routine, although now that I'm retired, I tell myself I don't want to feel obligated to routines. Nonetheless, I usually play for about an hour every night after dinner, roughly from 7:00 - 8:00 PM. I almost always play one of my electrics but with my headphones on so as not to disturb my wife, who takes her nightly bath at that time, or wake up the elderly neighbors. I usually have a glass of wine or bourbon on the table next to me and program in a playlist on my phone, which I plug into the amp and play along with.

pippoman

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I always have a Tele on a stand near my easy chair, so I typically play in the morning after a cup of coffee - unplugged of course. Wifey doesn’t get up as early as I do. I keep a set list on my coffee table and go down that so I’m prepared for upcoming gigs as well as working on my chops. Evenings I head upstairs and plug in, but keep it down. I seldom practice scales, but I play songs our band will be performing and look for weak spots.

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
When I worked full time, I would play when I got home while my wife made dinner. Now I play mostly in the morning when I am alert and my mind isn't cluttered up with things I need to do.

wrathfuldeity

Tele-Afflicted

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
Late when the rest of the family is already in bed , I’ll play unplugged electric guitar . I feel like I am playing better than usual at those times . Sometimes i will get yelled at via text to shut up by someone sadly