What's your favorite telecaster (that you own)?

JeffBlue

Friend of Leo's
That lightning bolt f-hole combined with all pickup types in the universe is the most simultaneously
ridiculous and awesome thing I've seen in a long while! 🤩
You need to give that thing a matching neck and then play the hell out of it!
Preferably in front of people with video cameras.
Why, thank you kind sir.
IMG_0230-2.JPG

Warmoth thinline Black Korina capped with Padouk body, Warmoth roasted Maple neck with Rosewood fretboard, stainless steel frets, Bill Lawrence vintage dual rail in the neck, Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 and Jerry Donahue middle and bridge pickup. I ordered the body without a soundhole so I could create my own.
IMG_0153.jpg

Another lightning bolt soundhole on a brass top thinline. (A little harder to see with all of the reflection in the photo)

Plaid Sabbath

TDPRI Member
Acquired a Player Plus recently. Absolutely love this guitar. Wider nut width, rolled fretboard edges, noiseless pups, series/parallel switch, belly cut, modern bridge saddles…pretty much all the mods I would make anyway. Despite all the mods, it still sounds like a good Tele. And…it’s green!

E3B0A5FB-155F-4C40-8FA9-5B0482E3BB41.jpeg

D73D16AD-D403-47EE-A8D3-8E85FFF7F25D.jpeg

CC3BBFCD-695B-4960-B812-5BD13A7B3779.jpeg

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
It's not a Tele, but a T-style partscaster. I really love the looks of the double-bound LPB body with its bound, block-inlaid neck. That said, the sounds are king here. There is a minihum in the neck position and a three-knob control plate with volume, volume and tone that is the secret sauce. In the middle position, infinite tonal variations are available. I'm not sure what the neck profile is, but it's VREY comfortable, and invites hours of playing with little to no fatigue. So, looks-check; tone-check; and playability-check- it's a winner on all fronts.
20200516_153341.jpg

AquariumRock

Tele-Meister
I only have the one now, sold off a few lesser ones, but my favorite telecaster I’ve owned, indeed my vote for favorite guitar I’ve ever played, is my MIJ Hybrid II Telecaster.

Alder body, 4 way switch, belly cut, rosewood board, locking tuners, narrow tall frets and rolled fretboard edges. First guitar I’ve ever owned where there isn’t a mod I would do to it, even with unlimited funds. Even had the right pickguard out of the box— it’s 3TSB, and I always swap out white guards for black ones on those, but the HybridII had the black stock.

Typical Fender Japan attention to detail. Cleanest body cavity I’ve seen. A stellar instrument.

It’s a shame these aren’t sold state side, widely. Got it for an absolute steal and couldn’t be happier.

Censport

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
Hi.

This one. MIJ 50s / Blackguard styled one with a rather long model name I can’t remember now.* Nice, soft-ish V neck, nitro finish and with a Bootstrap Extra Crispy pickup set I put in.

View attachment 1056068

Pax/
Dean
* I looked it up - ‘Japan Exclusive Classic Special 50s Telecaster Vintage Natural’ is the official full name. Basically a continuation of the ‘Fender Japan TL52 / VSP’ after the company restructured.
I've got an Extra Crispy set in my '06 MIM Standard. Only mod I've done to that guitar and it sounds fantastic.