What's your favorite telecaster (that you own)?

G Stone496

Tele-Meister
Fender American B-Bender Telecaster

61ABDD35-3F28-48AE-A2E4-7F811201CF8F.jpeg
6E57E27B-BBA6-4E28-BC48-A9F103B47583.jpeg

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I've only owned 4 Teles ( 1 Fernandes, 2 Fender, and 1 Squier) since about 1986, and just one-at-a-time.
( always on a budget so it's always been " You can't get a new guitar, unless you sell one...", with me)

So my Squier Tele Thinline ( had it now a year), was instantly 'love at first sight/play!' and my fave, without a doubt (IF it holds up- all is stock, but no issues).

I always loved the look of the Mahogany '69 Tele Thinline, but never even played one. till I got this.

It is so comfy (neck) lightweight, and tonally it is an 'old soul'- think Steve Cropper, or even ( with some OD- Duane Allman at Muscle Shoals/studio work)
Great bright, yet warm tone, (all 3 positions), perfect for blues, R&B, funk, Dead, old Country i love to play.

Attachments

• 20220603_174002.jpg
    20220603_174002.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220903_210312.jpg
    20220903_210312.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 15

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Do you have a favorite?

Well then...

Post a pic of your favorite Tele or Tele styled guitar and tell us why! :)
I've shown this so many times you guys may be tired of it.....but this is a partscaster I assembled in 2019. Paulownia body, Warmoth conversion neck (24 3/4" scale, 1 11/16" nut width, Fatback profile) with Bootstrap Pickups, (Pretzel in bridge, Palo Duro neck) with a reverse slant bridge pickup. Simply perfect for me.
1669557240328.jpeg

jvin248

Doctor of Teleocity

Tele Esquire-H with a 4-way switch on a reverse control plate:
Tones: Strat middle, Strat #2 Quack, Tele Twang, Hot Lester Humbucker
(16kohm ceramic pickup lowered to the trim ring and screw poles raised 3/16ths inch)

img_20190714_105810.jpg

(Strat has a reversed\Hendrix pickguard and Armstrong Blender wiring to go from classic SSS to series HSH).

What does a Tele with 3 pickups sound like? Are they more like Strats than a Tele?

Depends on pickups you use, pickup height set and bass/treble tip, and screw pole heights if available. Pots and caps selected can push tones around too. Pickup placement/location between neck and bridge changes tone: Vintage Strats used the same pickup in all three positions for different tones, LP and SGs sound different because the SG neck pickup is pushed back by chassis design nearly to a 'middle' pickup position if it were put there on a LP. I built a Strat such that I could swap loaded pickguards in less than a minute without detuning the strings and that Strat can sound like whatever pickup set/style I slide in there.

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
I've got 3 Tele-styles right now, a Monoprice Indio Classic, SX STL-50 and a Okoume kit.

I'd have to say the Monoprice is my favorite right now, most likely due to the neck feel but maybe because it's new as well. I did have to smooth out and round the fret edges when I got it. The stock pickups are also surprisingly good for generic ceramics.

I've had SX since 2003 and made a number of mods to it over the years. The pickups are GFS with the P90 being rehoused in a raw nickel-silver enclosure. I like it for slide but I just don't get along with the neck for regular playing.

The Okoume kit's neck just has never felt right to me. I may eventually replace the neck. The pickups are Tone Hatch ShinKickers that sound really good.

teles2.png

misterdontmove

Tele-Meister
What does a Tele with 3 pickups sound like? Are they more like Strats than a Tele?
Depends on the pickups. In some cases it sounds like neither! I have a Nashville type that has Cavalier Nashville bridge and Fat Lion King neck with a Bootstrap Sun City middle. It's wound to about 7.4K to keep up with the bridge and middle, so it's hotter than a typical Strat, but still does the "quack" in the in between positions. Vintage Strat pickups are usually below 6.0K. Now I need to post a photo to go along with my description. The tele in my avatar has Fender Nocasters in it and sounds glorious. Both are "partscasters" and I'd never part with either of them!

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
D1517867-51A3-4FDB-A9DD-E06B18134A35.jpeg

2013 “USA Professional HS”. Now an HH. With my “tone control delete” mod. Also swapped out the black factory guard for mint. It’s still sunburst, so it’s still ugly as sin, but it plays and sounds so ridiculously good that it would be a keeper no matter what.

I got it in a trade deal for the equivalent of about $600. I honestly thought I was just going to clean it up and flip it. Then I set it up and started playing it. Holy crap.

I didn’t end up liking the stock pickups and electronics, but absolutely love the guitar, so now it sports a DiMarzio Bluesbucker at the bridge, and a DiMarzio PAF Pro at the neck. No fancy switching. Just a three way switch and a volume knob.