1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What's Your Favorite Solid State Amp for a Tele??

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by azure0099, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveGangi

SteveGangi Tele-Holic

NOTE: For cleans.

Roland JC120 (number one choice)
    Roland Cube
    "out of production" Carvin ST4000, with the "varitone" set to "hi mid".

IF we were to include tubes, again for cleans it has to be the Fender Twin.

2. telecaster1

telecaster1 TDPRI Member

For me it used to be the peavey transtube bandit until I played through the new fender frontman 212.I use it as my main gigging amp great clean channel,great for country and blues stuff.It is a great poor boys twin.

3. coldwar1977

coldwar1977 Tele-Meister

+1

Some old HH amps sound pretty good as well. The Cure used those in their early career.

4. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

My solid state amp is an '80's Peavey Backstage Plus. 35 watts and a single 10" speaker. It's a great practice amp and good on small gigs. I think a Bandit from that era would be good too.

I'd like to try the Lab Series amp with the 15" EV in it with my Tele.

5. Geoff Charles

Geoff Charles Tele-Meister

Vox Pathfinder 15R or Cube 40XL.

6. Jim Dep

Jim Dep Friend of Leo's

VOX AD15VT - For home practice or low volume rehearsal. I am really impressed with these Vox Valvetronix amps.

Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 - Stereo SS amps with 135watts per channel going through 2 x 12 Scorpion speakers. You can crank up this amp and not get any distortion out of the clean channel. The analog stereo chorus is great and this combo takes pedals well. You can get nice OD and distortion out of the Clean and Crunch channel with the help of an external EQ pedal (cheap Dano "Fish & Chips" works well. The tele sounds FAT through this amp.

Peavey Bandit like so many others suggest. I remember years ago playing in a country rock band and the lead guitarist played through a early 80's Bandit. What a great tone !! Very Toy Caldwell like through his Gibson LP Junior I think.

7. SirJackdeFuzz

SirJackdeFuzz Friend of Leo's

Oh it is very possible . . . and thank you ;)

8. lousy13

lousy13 Tele-Meister

I love my Fender Princeton Chorus with my tele. Great cleans and a lush chorus. It plays well with all of my overdrive pedals as well. I like the sound of two 10's. The only negative is the built in overdrive. I just can't bond with it.

9. Johnp3

Johnp3 TDPRI Member

Roland Cube 60 and for reasons I have not been able to figure out, I am smitten with my Fender Bronco.

10. azure0099

azure0099 TDPRI Member

Variety

I have to say...I just enjoy the variety. Next week it'll be the Bugera V5 or something.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  11. azure0099

azure0099 TDPRI Member

That was 2nd amp as a teenager...the knobs & everything! Same year & model. Frickn' kool. And I was happy w/ that, ya know? Right now as I sit there's just too many options, I tinker more than play....Crate , Pignose, Bugera, Marshall & various speakers I swap between. And then there's the effects. I miss that amp & my Schecter Genesis.

12. GlenParrish

GlenParrish Tele-Meister

I've been using an old Fender Pro 185 (it comes with the rehearsal space) as of late and have been unexpectedly delighted with it. I'm using TONS of compression and this puppy roars. It gives up feedback on demand, which is good for this project, and sits nicely in the mix. Haven't even considered hauling in the Boogie since I've played it.

13. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I sometimes use a Fender Stage 112SE that does a decent job, especially
    with keyboards.

14. ThreePlyGuy

ThreePlyGuy Friend of Leo's

I have owned a couple of Princeton 112+ for some years, they have been handy a few times as backup or grab and go. Both of them have been surprisingly reliable and they have seen some stage abuse. The original speaker in one of them, still has that Fender clean in spades. The twelve inch USA Princeton series can sound pretty good to my ears. Cutesy Bullet is on the bench and a fun toy amp.

15. PaddyWagon

PaddyWagon Tele-Meister

I have a JC-55 that I practice with. It's super clean, slaps me in the face when I make mistakes (which I love, being a wet behind the ears novice) and generally tells me exactly what my guitar sounds like when I make changes to it. And the chorus through those 2 speakers is pretty sweet. As a friends with benefits kind of thing it accepts emulators and multi-FX like Pods very well.

16. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Cyber-Deluxe on the '59 Bassman for clean & '55 Tweed Deluxe for bite.

17. JohnS

JohnS Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

18. JamesL

JamesL Tele-Meister

Man I used to own one of those......it was LOUD!!!!

19. Stratelcaster

Stratelcaster Tele-Meister

My Pop has a Fender Ultimate Chorus that sounds delicious. Way better than the Princeton Chorus 210 that i had at the time. Definitely one of the better bargins found used these days. I wouldn't mind trying a new JazzMaster Ultralite or a Mustang212.

20. Sixwire

Sixwire Tele-Meister

Another one for the Princeton Chorus 2-10. Took a while to break in, but does a great job for an amp it's size. Pretty rugged since I've had it and used it in a lot of smaller gigs. Dirt channel is one of the worst I've tried. The chorus is great though. I chase mine with a Hardwire and Ratt dirt pedal. Sounds good enough to leave the tubes at home and save the back muscles.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.