What's Your Dream Guitar?

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
The guitar I always coveted but will never own is a Gretsch White Falcon. They should be everything I hate about guitars - flashy, over the top with loads of bling, but there’s just something about them I like.

Trouble is I have no real use for such a beast and certainly can’t justify the £2.5k they cost so unless I win the lottery and have unlimited cash and unlimited space it’ll stay a dirty dream.
I saw some on eBay selling used for a lot less than the price you quoted. Yo may want to surf eBay.

Tmcqtele65

Tele-Meister
Gretsch White Falcon - Billy Duffy Signature model if we're being picky.
Billy Duffy Signature.jpg

Synchro

Tele-Holic
I don’t know if I have a dream guitar, per se. I have a modern reproduction of Chet’s ‘59 Gent, which was my dream guitar for many years. Likewise, I have a modern reproduction of Duane Eddy’s signature Guild, which also scratches my Byrdland/L-5 CT itch. I have some other nice Gretsch and three Teles, all of which I love.

Occasionally, I think that it would be nice to have another Gibson Johnny Smith Model. My old one was ok, but not a great example of that model. I doubt that I’d play it all that often. I had a Guild archtop that sounded better than that Smith every dreamed of sounding, but I didn’t play it all that often.

There are guitars I wouldn’t mind having.

ES 355: A versatile Gibson with the plush trim of an L-5. No stereo or Variatone desired.

Sadowsky Jim Hall Model: Basically, a very developed 16” archtop in the ES-175 mold. I’ve heard Jim’s Sadowsky, in person, and it was pretty nice. Basically, a single purpose instrument.

Strat: I like to play Surf, and I don’t care for the bridge on Offsets. A Strat, capable of having both the neck and bridge pickup on, simultaneously, would be a pretty decent Surf axe, capable of the “both pickups” sound that was common early Surf, but without a bridge that I prefer to avoid.

Gretsch 6128 TCG: A Duo Jet with Dynasonics and a Bigsby. The effect is somewhere between a Tele, a Jaguar, and a Les Paul Special with P-90s. I had one, and traded it away. In the world of dream guitars, it would be worth replacing.

Jaguar: Yeah, I know, I said I didn’t like the bridge, but they are über cool. They also are very treble, almost as bright as a Tele. I’ve played Country on a Jaguar and had a Tele player staring with his mouth open at the chicken pickin’ sounds I was getting.
When you dream, you dream big, dude. I wanted to say the Esteban guitar, but I didn’t dare even to voice the thought. :)

Jimclarke100

Friend of Leo's
I saw some on eBay selling used for a lot less than the price you quoted. Yo may want to surf eBay.
Not in the UK.
Cheapest I saw was maybe a little less but in the US so add silly money for shipping plus taxes and import duties.
And to me the point is I do covet them, but realistically I’m not going to get one, not just because of the cost.

Tonetele

Poster Extraordinaire
Washburn Falcon/wing series (random interweb pic)

View attachment 985605
Weazel I had an SD CURLEE with the( I believe) first DiMarzio pickups in this country. Made by Randy Dritz and Sonny Storbeck,later made in Japan and Korea.Maple neck and a dark Mahogany body. Mine was made in Chicago.
I used it in a band and in recording. It was a revolutionary guitar with those pickups. However I could not get a clean sound from those DiMarzios.
I love clean sounds. I have three Telecasters and a Stratocaster and use a '65 Princeton Reverb. The guitar I owned was probably a great Rock guitar but I like a clean sound.
It really did look exactly like this one, 4 controls and a switch, Maple centre strip and dark body. It is in a book of 1,000
guitars to play. I hope you get your wish with the Washburn. Cheers from DownunderMate :)

Tonetele

Poster Extraordinaire
Yeah Brad! Jonny Ramones white Mosrite with a single coil ( rear) and a Seymour Duncan mini-humbucker up front. Jonny Ramones No. 1 guitar. Just sold for $935,000 at auction. Just the look of it makes you want to go crazy.
BTW love your flag.
My mum escaped in 1942 - can't say anymore.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
I’ll never get them, but a 60s Tele (like the first one I ever played) bone stock tobacco blonde with a maple neck, and a sweet lil’ LG3…
Man I’d be in dreamland for sure.

I love my Tele and other acoustics, but dreaming is free, right??

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
Not in the UK.
Cheapest I saw was maybe a little less but in the US so add silly money for shipping plus taxes and import duties.
And to me the point is I do covet them, but realistically I’m not going to get one, not just because of the cost.
Yeah I know shipping is horrible. I have ordered things from the U.K. With the same outrageous shipping charges attached. Why can’t our 2 countries work out some kind of agreement. ?