What's Your Dream Guitar?

Stratocast

Tele-Meister

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
As old as I am, I might give "my friends at Sweetwater" convulsions when they saw my request to put that bad boy on time payment. Probably say, 'Tell you what old timer, you just go ahead and make the payments THEN we'll give you the guitar.
lol... that's why they call it a lay away plan.... get it?.... you pay on the guitar either till it comes off lay away.. or you go on lay away..

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
IMG_20211002_141845037~3.jpg
IMG_20220413_130409843.jpg

Check and check!

raysachs

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Pre-war D-18:

D18-0613-main.jpg
Mine would be a pre-war 00-18 or 000-18. But since that’s never gonna happen, I’m gonna settle for a Pre-War 000-18.

I’ve never spent THAT much for a guitar either, but I have a deposit down and should get it around when I turn 65, which should also be when I’m able to afford it…

-Ray

Bob M

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I thought that I had bought my “dream guitar” several times. Only to be disappointed. It has taken me a while to figure it out but I have found that just about any quality guitar that is well set up can be my dream guitar.

Lonn

Friend of Leo's
Normally my answer to this question is a 62 Strat. I’ve been playing for about 20 years and I’ve only ever seen one pre-CBS Fender that I know of and I’ve never even come close to laying my hands on one. Today my answer is the 93 Strat Plus Deluxe I picked up a few months ago. Everything about it is perfect for me including the set up which is why I haven’t even bothered to put new strings on it yet. I’m afraid I’ll screw it up!

3384233F-B34D-4C33-A228-CCB68366549A.jpeg
79881D79-9D63-47E0-96AE-3F65370EB8B7.jpeg

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
the gretsch one that is..
I'd hoped nobody had ruined a Larrivee with a rattlecan ;)

That's the upper limit of my spending ability, but someday.....
Taxes took just over $4k of my annual bonus this year. That killed any gear buying exceeding a couple hundred bucks dead in the water. I bought matching 10' cables and a new speaker. If next year tracks as high as this year, one may be in the cards.

It's weird that the top 3 electrics on my "get" list are all made in Japan. There simply aren't MiA equivalents to 2 of them, and the third would cost more and need modding to get set up like the MiJ one. Odd times.

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Jerry's Wolf.
Neil's Old Black.
Joni's D28.
Billy Zoom's Sparkle Jet.

Not just because famous people own(ed) them, but all guitars I like.

Mike H.

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I pretty much have my dream guitars of the electric variety.
The only thing I still covet is a Martin HD-28.

Hank-Frost

TDPRI Member
I have always wanted a 1966 Telecaster with a MAR 66 neck date. That's about all I can think of.

I would like to have back some of the guitars I have owned in the past:
Metropolitan Tanglewood
Aluminum Fender American Standard tele
Mosrite Johnny Ramone Ventures II
Gibson Tennessean
Martin F55
Fender Tele-Sonic
Fender James Burton red paisley tele
Gibson "Designer Series" Explorer
Gibson Les Paul Studio with factory confederate flag paint

Jackroadkill

Tele-Holic
One that gets me lots of chicks and recognition.

More seriously, though, I wish I had my early 2000's Japanese pink paisley Tele back. I've had many dozens of guitars over the years and only regret selling two, the paisley and my old Japanese Jazzmaster.

Not my picture, but it was just like this:

1653404707083.png

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
Normally my answer to this question is a 62 Strat. I’ve been playing for about 20 years and I’ve only ever seen one pre-CBS Fender that I know of and I’ve never even come close to laying my hands on one. Today my answer is the 93 Strat Plus Deluxe I picked up a few months ago. Everything about it is perfect for me including the set up which is why I haven’t even bothered to put new strings on it yet. I’m afraid I’ll screw it up!

View attachment 985938 View attachment 985939
Nice looking guitar. I love the color scheme.

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
One that gets me lots of chicks and recognition.

More seriously, though, I wish I had my early 2000's Japanese pink paisley Tele back. I've had many dozens of guitars over the years and only regret selling two, the paisley and my old Japanese Jazzmaster.

Not my picture, but it was just like this:

View attachment 986586
I have a strat that looks just like your tele. I would love to get my hands on a tele like yours so I could have a set.