What's Your Dream Guitar?

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
There’s a ‘34 D28 locally they want 75k usd for. Has had some repairs including a new top… Bit steep for me

Jeez, how much would one be with the original top?

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
Mine is the Rickenbacker. Post your pics.
Mine would be either a white Gibson '70s Explorer reissue or a white Fender American Performer Strat. Already have everything else I want.

download (24).jpeg
download (25).jpeg

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Dream guitar? A vintage Danelectro. And since I bought one almost 40 years ago, I have no reason to dream. Guess I’ll go play my Danelectro.

Attachments

• CAA3CE53-FC62-427F-982C-43441FCBB718.jpeg
    CAA3CE53-FC62-427F-982C-43441FCBB718.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 8

Harry Styron

Friend of Leo's
Four years ago, my friend Rick died of pancreatic cancer. I helped his wife make an inventory of about 25 instruments, mostly guitars. She has only sold a few. This morning, she texted me to ask if I would keep this Gibson ES175 for an indefinite period ”to see whether I like it.”

I think it’s a 1962. It has worn frets, lots of checking and missing finish, and buckle rash, but it plays very well.
1653188326409.jpeg

Having given up on finding a Gibson 175 that I could afford, I bought a 1954 Gretsch Synchromantic semi hollow that needed a neck reset and new frets. I’m also having a floating pickup installed. The luthier says it will be ready on Monday.
Here’s the Gretsch:
1653188495457.jpeg

Northern Born

Tele-Meister
Four years ago, my friend Rick died of pancreatic cancer. I helped his wife make an inventory of about 25 instruments, mostly guitars. She has only sold a few. This morning, she texted me to ask if I would keep this Gibson ES175 for an indefinite period ”to see whether I like it.”

I think it’s a 1962. It has worn frets, lots of checking and missing finish, and buckle rash, but it plays very well.
View attachment 985882

Having given up on finding a Gibson 175 that I could afford, I bought a 1954 Gretsch Synchromantic semi hollow that needed a neck reset and new frets. I’m also having a floating pickup installed. The luthier says it will be ready on Monday.
Here’s the Gretsch:
View attachment 985883
Cool.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I’d love a FCS late 50’s maple board Strat in Dakota Red.

If it was a really good example, I wouldn’t mind having the real thing.

I’ve always wanted a Ric 620.

If the sky’s really the limit I think it would be awesome to own one of Jerry’s Irwins.

I’d love one of those Turners that Lindsay Buckingham plays.

I guess I don’t have just one.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
Those are hot. Hendrix would have loved them.
^^^Agree! I have a Performer Tele and love the feel of the neck and pickups. I've played a couple Performer Strats in stores and the neck feels just as good. Also the feel of the trem just feels better (more fine touch to it) than the trems on the Player and Professional.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I have no proper dream guitars.

I could easily name 3 or 5 or 8 that I would like to have if I had a surplus of money and space, and there’s always one I’m kinda thinking about but I already know it’s always just a phase and in a couple months I’ll be interested in something else. There aren’t really any gaps where another one would fit in, which is the main reason I have pretty much stopped building.

I’m nearly sixty and I have got something like 15 guitars and only about five of those have any real chance of getting played, and anyway I don’t even average an hour of playing a day, so I try not to take any lust for specific guitars very seriously.

I prolly shouldn’t be in this thread…

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
Without question, this one, if I only sat in my chair on the front porch with it in my lap and showed it off, it would be worth having to me. It's only the $7,000 or so that separates me from realizing my dream guitar.

View attachment 985531
wow... that guitar is a 7000.00 guitar?.... I have one almost like it without the flame design.. just in tobacco burst..and chrome hardware... I got for about 1600.00..... but that was back in 2011.... perhaps with inflation?..

Stratocast

Tele-Meister