What's Your Dream Guitar?

msalama

Tele-Afflicted
Can't go wrong with Gibson.

That's true as well. I have an all original '73 LP Deluxe and that thing rocks. A great guitar!

And yeah, am also contemplating getting a player grade SG, by the by. Gotta dig 'em because they rock too. Just ask Angus!

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
I pretty much have what I want. Impossible to choose only one as a dream guitar.

Gibson Standard 50's Les Paul Gold Top
20220502_183847.jpg

Fender Telecaster Performer
20220225_162730.jpg

'74 all original Fender Telecaster Deluxe
20220119_131337.jpg

Last edited:

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
I'd like to put out an honorable mention:
Screenshot_20220521-090642_Reverb.jpg

I had an obsession with 60s pawn shop variety guitars when I was in High School, which was spurred by me wanting a vox Phantom. Teisco made a copy, which sent me down the rabbit hole. I regrettably never bought any of those Japanese guitars, and could never afford a Phantom. 17 year old me was all about these things, just like 22 year old me was all about owning a vintage gold top. 17 year old me knew that much like the V that I'd parted ways with, there was no playing this thing sitting down. If I were made of money I'd own one for the same reason people collect GI Joe's and HeMan figures still in the original packaging. Since my real and practical dream guitars are more expensive than a Phantom, and my "still to buy or have made for me" amps cost around what a real one does, it's simply not that important. But teenage me would've jumped on a deal on one.....

Thoughtfree

Tele-Holic
Call me all kinds of names under the sun if you must, but I genuinely like these abominations. But hey, at least my dream is realizable, and I am going to get one soon. Has to be all original though, no player grade this time because I already have a good MIM Deluxe for banging around:

View attachment 985612

EDIT: Typo

This looks identical to the guitar I performed with regularly in the late 1970s. I liked it. Somewhat heavy in weight, with loud, high-fidelity sounding pickups.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Gretsch Vintage Select '62 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman...both 6 and 12 string.

Northern Born

Tele-Meister
That's true as well. I have an all original '73 LP Deluxe and that thing rocks. A great guitar!

And yeah, am also contemplating getting a player grade SG, by the by. Gotta dig 'em because they rock too. Just ask Angus!
I just ordered an SG. Not a Gibson. A Chinese import 3 humbucker. Now I have a 3 humbucker in my collection. When it gets here in July.

Northern Born

Tele-Meister
I'd like to put out an honorable mention:
View attachment 985646

I had an obsession with 60s pawn shop variety guitars when I was in High School, which was spurred by me wanting a vox Phantom. Teisco made a copy, which sent me down the rabbit hole. I regrettably never bought any of those Japanese guitars, and could never afford a Phantom. 17 year old me was all about these things, just like 22 year old me was all about owning a vintage gold top. 17 year old me knew that much like the V that I'd parted ways with, there was no playing this thing sitting down. If I were made of money I'd own one for the same reason people collect GI Joe's and HeMan figures still in the original packaging. Since my real and practical dream guitars are more expensive than a Phantom, and my "still to buy or have made for me" amps cost around what a real one does, it's simply not that important. But teenage me would've jumped on a deal on one.....
Very unusual.

Northern Born

Tele-Meister
Gretsch Vintage Select '62 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman...both 6 and 12 string.

Cool.

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
The impossible dream to realize is to have my beloved original Broadcaster back. Mine was made on Nov. 17th 1950.

The realistic dream is much more easily achievable. I am slowly building my dream guitar family and while in the process of selling three guitars, I'd like to add a vintage style 60s tele (think AV64).

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
Old friend's wife has a pre-ww2 Martin 00-18. That's the best sounding, easiest playing flatpickin' guitar I've ever played.

I have all the parts to build a 00, including a pile of 1960s rosewood and some genuine Martin tops marked '1963', spruce rived in the same period, etc., etc. That will be my dream guitar...when I get a 'round tuit'.

Next build will be another dream. T-type with Jazzmaster/Jaguar parts. I have the Mastery locking trem and bridge, etc. Also the Fender rocking mute. Haven't settled on pups yet...maybe P-90s...maybe Filtertrons...

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Pre-war D-18:

D18-0613-main.jpg
There’s a ‘34 D28 locally they want 75k usd for. Has had some repairs including a new top… Bit steep for me