1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What's the one thing your partner does that really gets your goat up ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tweeet, Aug 4, 2020.

1. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

just a suggestion....Why don’t you park behind the mini van?

2. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

I’m not saying anything.

Nothing to see here folks.
    Move along.

Uncle Bob and Marc Morfei like this.
  3. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Friend of Leo's

My UPS driver's name is Troy. Great guy!

tweeet likes this.
  4. gregulator450

gregulator450 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

haha, I was going to go there with that comment as well!

PlainAllman likes this.
  5. gregulator450

gregulator450 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

My wife is pretty awesome. She has an angelic singing voice- I always halfway jokingly say she sounds like Adele, if Adele had been born and raised in the Mississippi delta (not too far off in my opinion, and my few friends who have heard her sing agree). However, she has serious stage fright and getting her to sing in front of anyone is like pulling teeth. I would happily make a musical career playing in her backing band.

The only other downfall is that she is brutally critical of other singers, if they aren't famous professionals. My singing voice is only good to sing in a choir or to back up a lead singer with harmonies, but if I go play with anyone and she finds out they "let me sing", she immediately calls into question their legitimacy as musicians. Apparently I am a great instrumentalist, worth even bragging about at times, but if I open my mouth I'm going to hear about it, and it won't be nice or constructive. It's given me somewhat of a complex about my voice over the last 15 years, and I already understood that I don't have a golden lead vocalist's voice.

Aside from that, she's pretty fantastic. Hell of a mom and the kind of friend a wife should be, and I get that I'm picking at the 0.01% here. :confused:

6. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Afflicted

Making phone calls using the speakerphone option.
    Between 10 and 12 at night.
    While drinking White Claw's.

lil scotty and Steve Holt like this.
  7. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

GENIUS!

8. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Tele-Holic

My wife doesn't do what the OP's does. She does, however, have a tendency to respond to something I said as though offering an additional thought, but saying something almost identical to what I just said. It's as though she either paid no attention to what I said, or is trying to claim the conclusion I just came to.

And she's extremely kind. It's just an odd tic of sorts.

9. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

There's not a whole lot that she does that irritates me, but Mrs_in_NC likes to watch Judge Judy, and Hot Bench and sometimes one other that I can't recall now. These things are just a parade of idiots, and the judges yelling over the people and constantly shushing them is not what I want after a day of work.

The other thing she does is yell at the animals. One dog in particular will never listen when grouched at to get out of the kitchen... What's the point?

All in all these are little things. Maybe we just haven't been married long enough... Lol.

10. smoothrecluse

smoothrecluse Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

“To keep your marriage brimming,
    With love in the loving cup,
    Whenever you're wrong, admit it;
    Whenever you're right, shut up."

-Ogden Nash

pixeljammer and Uncle Bob like this.
  11. staxman

staxman Tele-Afflicted

Sometimes, the simple solution is hard to realize...

12. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

My cat is the same way.

13. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

Drummers...

14. cometazzi

cometazzi Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Been single for awhile, but some things from the last gf:

sits on the couch watching girly shows or other things I'm not into.
    I ask her a question in an attempt to make conversation, and get shusshed "I'm trying to watch this"
    So I go into the other room and mess around on a guitar (unplugged) or the computer or something.
    "Aren't you going to spend some time with me?" from the living room.
    I go into the living room, start up a conversation, and "Shhhhh! I'm trying to watch this"

(wash, rinse, repeat)

she: "What's bothering you"
    me: "nothing"
    she: "I know something is. It's ok to tell me. It's ok for men to express feelings too"
    me: "Okay, " and I try my best to shake off the shame and embarassment and tell her what is bothering me.
    her reply was something like "You just have to man up and not let it bother you."
    As a bonus, all those things came up again later on whenever she was mad at me.

Not to mention other great phrases like "I'll make a man out of you yet!" or "I'm the one with the brains in this relationship, so this is how we're going to do this." or a couple of other manipulative tactics that are bansauce on this forum.

Oh, and she hit me a lot. She especially enjoyed slapping me for stuff I said that she misinterpreted as something else. Once she did it in a restaurant, and some tuff dewd came over to yell at me for being abusive. One time in the kitchen she backhanded me with a knife in her hand, and the back of the blade cut my forehead. (not bad though)

/***************************************/

Some gems from the previous one:

One drink was not enough, and two was too much. When she'd get drunk, she'd spend the rest of the evening telling me what a horrible, disrespectful and uncaring person I was. How I was "an illiterate" and didn't read, had no intellectual curiosity, was dumb as a wet sock, came from unwed white trash parents (whom she never met, btw) and so on. She'd say I didn't really love or care about her, and that I was just 'settling' on her because I was "old and unattractive" (we started dating when I was 29 and she was 24, we split up 4 years later)

When I would tell her about this the next morning it was "Oh I don't remember what I said. I was drunk, so it doesn't matter". However, this was again and again and again.

At one point I was fired up to go back to college and go for an Electrical Engineering degree. Her reply was things like "See, you say things like that, but you've got no ambition or motivation. It's not like you'll ever accomplish it or amount to anything."

Several times over the years she'd start a conversation like "I think I've figured out what's wrong with you. You have amalgamated filings in your mouth, and they're leeching mercury into your nervous system. This would explain your cognitive defects, bad attitude and trouble with intelligent communication."

Or

"See? I know you keep trying to flirt and pick up some side woman, but you're so pathetic that you keep striking out." This would be say, after I made minor small talk with the cashier at the grocery store. While the gf was standing there.

She swore up and down that I had some oedipus complex about a female friend, because she felt that that friend and my mother (again, whom she had never met) looked similar. I disagree about the complex, and I also disagree that they look similar. But somehow she felt threatened by someone who lived six states away and that I had known a decade prior to meeting her.

Reading through my emails, and demanding answers for her own (mis)interpretations of them. Same with forum posts, Usenet posts, etc.

Oh, and she never picked up after herself.

I can go on and on...

I've mostly given up on dating. I don't think that all women are bad, but I'm quite convinced that I'm bad at picking them.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  15. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Afflicted

Nothing....She is my Soulmate. I will always love her unconditionally. YMMV...

16. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

My wife never listens to my advice, even when it's really important. This morning it was, "Don't go out for coffee right now. They just issued a tornado warning." Real story. She called me after the tornado and said there were trees and power lines down in front of her car and behind. Thank God I was able to get her out of there, but really?

17. Warren Pederson

Warren Pederson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

why not?

18. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Yikes, sorry man. There are kind people in the world, really. Don’t give up.

pixeljammer likes this.
  19. rodger

rodger Tele-Meister

If the guys with the problem of wife/GF talking while you're watching TV would get a DVR that you could pause - problem solved.

My wife will start talking as we're watching TV and I hit pause. She knows I'm giving her my undivided attention. The only problem is guessing when she's done. Sometimes I hit play only to have her continue talking 3 seconds later, then I hit pause again. She usually likes to chat when the sports comes on during the 6PM news.

Marc Morfei likes this.
  20. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Poster Extraordinaire

I love my wife unreservedly. We have been together through thick and thin (literally and metaphorically), sickness and health, the whole nine yards. I chased her for seven years (we met as teens), gave up for a year, she starting chasing me, we caught each other and now we’ve been married for 27 years. I can’t list all the trials we’ve endured and even thrives as a couple. We are both in it for the long haul.

There is one thing that has created more fights and arguments than any other issue;

A particular female relative (I’ll call her la bruja) of hers that constantly creates drama, chaos and dissension.

I won’t go into every problem she creates (that would fill the internet), but the short version is this:

If la bruja can’t control a person and make them work for her within her “Vision” of what that person should be, she detests them and will try to destroy them. La bruja used to be able to control my wife 100%, and me about 15%. Now, she controls my wife about 30% and me 0%.

Fir clarification, The Vision is basically what she wants to happen around her...but everyone in her multiple circles is required to fulfill a role and do work for her (for free, of course). La bruja has Narcissistic Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder, but refuses to get help or even address her problems.

La bruja detests me. She has tried to break us up on more than one occasion. The worst was when she repeatedly told my wife that I had improper interest in a mutual (female) friend of my wife and I, and therefore the wife should leave me. (That was debunked fairly quickly, but led to my 15% “contribution to her vision” going down to 0% immediately).

La bruja has berated my daughter for not lock-stepping into The Vision as well—and my daughter (with our approval) has politely told her where (and how far) to stick it...which has led to la bruja detesting my daughter as well.

I have given my wife a time period to eliminate this person’s influence, and it (unfortunately) involves the (future) death of another relative. I like this guy, and I don’t wish any ill toward him—but as soon as he’s gone, there will be ZERO obligation to associate with la bruja ever again.

I love my wife, 100%...but if she doesn’t uphold her end of the bargain when those circumstances come to fruition, there will be some serious damage done to our relationship; we won’t divorce, I won’t leave her—but it would harm our trust and closeness. I pray every day that that won’t happen...

I’m patient with my wife, knowing that between the cultural obligations (Mexican-American Family) and my wife’s very strange and tragic TV Novela-esque birth and childhood has an influence, too—but as I reminded her, she still has 1.4 million* relatives in North Texas alone—1.3 million of which refuse to associate further with la bruja...

*perhaps a slight exaggeration, but not by much!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.