What's The One Piece Of Gear You Can't Live Without?

KrenarCilku

Tele-Meister
Ever since I got the Line 6 HX Stomp XL, every time I sit to play guitar, that thing makes its way to my signal chain. If I play through my Vox AC10, it becomes my pedalboard, when I want proper awesome tones with my BluGuitar AMP1 and the Captor X it still sits there proudly providing effects and when I need good tones real quick and hassle free, I plug straight into it and my audio interface.

I made a video about it and named it "The Best Piece of Gear Ever Invented" because for me, it truly is and I talk about some other aspects that I like about the product.
Link to video:

I totally understand that this is subjective and for you, something completely different might represent the title "best piece of gear".

That's exactly why I opened up the thread because it will be super interesting to see your picks here!

Cheers!

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
In my mind (literally) I can't pick a pedal, as it does nothing without a guitar and an amp.

Same with an electric guitar or amp- you need both!
But for arguments sake- it would me my Tex-Mex Strat, my Blues Driver, and my Vox Pathfinder 15R. My 3 fave pieces of electric gear

But my real, only one item is my '93 Martin D-1- my best friend!

Attachments

• 20200712_073511.jpg
    20200712_073511.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 16

markal

Tele-Afflicted
I don’t think I’ve found that piece of gear. I’ve had my standard tele for a while, and Roland Blues Cube Artist for almost as long, while other guitars and amps have come and gone. But I can imagine letting them go.

Honestly, the only thing I can think of is the overdrive pedal I use most often - a cheapo Joyo Sweet Baby Overdrive. Love that thing. It’s a clone of a Mad Professor and I keep saying I should buy the real thing. Hmmm.

Oh, also, Primetone picks. Those have become my favorites.

KrenarCilku

Tele-Meister
I don’t think I’ve found that piece of gear. I’ve had my standard tele for a while, and Roland Blues Cube Artist for almost as long, while other guitars and amps have come and gone. But I can imagine letting them go.

Honestly, the only thing I can think of is the overdrive pedal I use most often - a cheapo Joyo Sweet Baby Overdrive. Love that thing. It’s a clone of a Mad Professor and I keep saying I should buy the real thing. Hmmm.

Oh, also, Primetone picks. Those have become my favorites.
Nice! Do you like the textured Primetones or the smoother ones?

Call Me Al

Tele-Meister
I don’t have pedals (yet ;) ) and not really picky about amps. I’d be hard pressed to choose between my Ibanez Artcore and Parts Precision. I’m playing more guitar these days and phasing out the bass gigs. I love this guitar, but it would make me really sad to let the P bass go! :(

B583A792-002B-4D08-99FA-E40CC013A96E.jpeg

982715DD-C884-4039-9074-AD0295738DFD.jpeg

middy

Friend of Leo's
I have 2 completely separate rigs that I enjoy equally, so I guess there is nothing I can’t do without.

KrenarCilku

Tele-Meister
I don’t have pedals (yet ;) ) and not really picky about amps. I’d be hard pressed to choose between my Ibanez Artcore and Parts Precision. I’m playing more guitar these days and phasing out the bass gigs. I love this guitar, but it would make me really sad to let the P bass go! :(

View attachment 941792

View attachment 941793
Ibanez make some nice Semi-Hollow guitars, highly underrated in my opinion!

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
If I hit the highway with just what I can carry, that will have to be my classical Takamine. It holds up in its own right as a quality instrument, against the other guitars I have, but it stands above all the others in sentimental attachment, even though now I rarely play it. Bondo every time I do play it.

DanglingNutslots

Tele-Meister
I was going to say my Quad Cortex but when I really thought about it, it's not absolutely necessary. I could plug directly into my amps and get some great tones too. So, I have to say it's my new favourite guitar, the 75th Ann Commem. Telecaster I recently bought. Hard to play guitar and not pick a guitar as something one can't live without :)

#1 Fender Telecaster
#2 Quad Cortex

Just a bit more about the Quad Cortex. I've been searching for just the right tone for one of the covers we do and couldn't nail it. Then, someone posted a Klon Centaur capture to the Cortex Cloud. I tried it out with a clean amp on the edge of breakup and there it was! Added a touch of plate reverb and it's exactly what the song needed.

Cosmic Cowboy

Tele-Afflicted
I have been a Helix guy since the early days of the Helix floor. I think they have a great piece of kit with the HX Stomp. Guys I know have an H9, or even 2 H9's on their board. Imagine!?!?

The HX Stomp does 10x more, has just as good modulations and there is no need for 2, and it costs about the same. Using it as the anchor of a pedalboard also gives you the flexibility of going direct and having studio quality signal without having to play with mic choice and placement.