What's the go-to brass compensated saddles people are using?

John_B

Tele-Meister
I am using the Fender tilted "hot rod" brass saddles. They are superior in sound on an alder body. They beat out Gotoh and Wilkinson. The screws are long. I double shimmed my neck and adjusted the long screws down flush with the top of the saddles.

Now I have long screws on the bottom but testing it out, it is working absolutely fine. I like these so much, I bought a second set as a backup.

I will say this- the Gotoh saddles on the 2nd Tele (ash) sounds wonderful.

medownsouth

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Guyker. Amazon Prime 10 bucks. Direct replacement for 10.8mm

4BD1C12A-3D4A-4584-B737-1A398B0791E5.jpeg
5B1084C0-5151-4D2A-B015-E70426643E39.jpeg

joe_cpwe

Tele-Afflicted
A couple weeks ago I chose Gotoh over the Wilkinson because of the string slot.

Easy install, intonation improved.

DFB1

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I have Wilkinson's on one tele,and a set of Gotoh on order for my Squier CV.

hotcoffeenochill

Tele-Meister
I'm limited to those with left handed compensation. I have sets from Allparts, Callaham, Glendale, and Gotoh, as well as some non-compensated Fender saddles.

Hard to make direct comparisons as they are all on different guitars with different bridge plates, but I did use the Gotoh and Allparts ones on the same bridge and guitar, and the Gotohs had a brighter sound, which I preferred, and intonated very well.

I now have the Callahams on that same guitar but with a different bridge plate (a half-bridge) and very different pickups. It also sounds very good. Before that, the guitar had a thick six-saddle bridge (for humbucker) but was otherwise the same, and the short bridge and Callahams sound much better.

The Fenders sound similar to the Callahams and are on my No 1, so they won't be coming off.

The Glendales are very nice too and are part of a really nice sounding partscaster. There's no need to change a thing there. The Glendales are a little different to the others. The height adjustment screws are tilted so they don't sit on top of the bridge mounting screws, and the saddles are cut so the ends are parallel with the strings and each other and touch at the top edge. I can't say whether any of that matters without doing saddles swaps and making direct comparisons, and I'm not curious enough to do that with all the associated set up work involved.

Bensonite makes a lefty set too. Never used their stuff myself but heard people, some on here, say good things about them. A bit pricey, but an interesting concept on comfort as well.

https://reverb.com/item/31682428-bensonite-lefty-compensated-tele-saddles-tumbled-brass

skydog6653

Tele-Meister
Has anyone tried the ‘threaded rod’ style of saddle? It always appeared to be abrasive to me.

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I prefer Glendale's saddles. I only have one set in brass on one guitar. Most of my Teles have the Glendale CRS 5/16" Spanish Electric saddles. I like the spacing and angle on the height adjustment screws. Marc Rutter's notched compensated saddles are nice also, but I've found that they may require some tweaking (filing) depending on the break angle.