Whats the farthest youve traveled for a one-off show?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by MandyMarie, Feb 23, 2011.

1. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

Yeah, I know; I cheated. I was in a hurry and decided to post before really finding out what the thread was about, because I'm all psyched about this weekend :D

Anyways if we go down that road, all us Deadheads will be posting GD tour stories, causing serious derailment, and I wouldn't ever want to do that to one of Mandy's threads! ;)

2. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

Tweed / Mandy - if you guys ever work this out, LET ME KNOW 'cuz I'll be over to catch the gig for sure! :cool:

[gotta work some angle w/ the Tropical Heatwave people; I think Mandy's twangin' & singin' would fit perfectly at that event...]

3. RebelTwang

RebelTwang Tele-Meister

950 miles round trip to Alabama for a one nighter. Hotel room paid for 2 nights, $200 each way for traveling money and $400 for the show. I'll probably never see a gig that pays that high EVER again.

4. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Went from C-town, all the way to South Padre to play one song for my brother's wedding.

Did another wedding where I had to travel from here all the way to Taos.

Both were worth it.

I flew from here to Austin to play the Spirit of the Outlaws show in San Marcos a few years back.

But then, I'll go pretty much anywhere if it means I get to play with, or for cool people. As long as it makes sense and covers expenses.

5. bo

bo Poster Extraordinaire

D.C. to Pittsburgh. It was NOT worth it!

6. MandyMarie

MandyMarie Friend of Leo's

Those shows were so much fun...I wish I would have appreciated it as much then as I would now! PS - I have not touched peach flavored alcohol since. The smell of it makes my knees weak. In a bad way. We were a crazy little Telecaster totin' family.

I would LOVE to play in Florida, guys, I've never been there. Thanks for being so dang sweet - if I'm ever routing that way, I will absolutely be saying hi (and politely asking for a couch and a water source to brush my teeth) :biggrin:

7. Agitator

Agitator Friend of Leo's

Yes and no... most Deadheads would go to more than one show! In this case, I had a gig the next night and had to get back to Boston. Wound up playing to about four people. :(

8. JCSouthpawtele

JCSouthpawtele Friend of Leo's

Hometown Elkhart,Indiana to Jasper,Indiana for one set. I was traveling as a sound guy for a band. I just so happened to pack a mic case with several mics. when I got to the club they said they had a full PA and all. Not! An old Peavey board that had channels that did not work and not enough mics to even mic the band,no drum mics. After checking all channels and getting sound checked. The band went on as scheduled,but only a handfull of people showed up. the club owner said he'd cut his losses and end us early. We decided to drive home that night instead of finding a motel room.

Have fun "Back Home Again In Indiana".

9. Warren Pederson

Warren Pederson Tele-Afflicted

sounds to me like you should think of that gig as purely a holiday

10. MandyMarie

MandyMarie Friend of Leo's

xoxoxoxxoxo

...I ended up with $1,300 in my pocket and the show sold out in pre-sale tickets...That's more than I've ever made for a show in my life and now I get to buy new merch - seen my friends, got silly with my old bandmates (i miss those guys so bad that if we could tour again right now I wouldn't even b&t#h about their stinky socks!), had a fantastic time, picked up a new amp made by a buddy, AND still made a little money. I'm the happiest camper in the world!

11. fezz parka

fezz parka ---------------------------

Mandy Rules!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.