1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What's the difference.....?? Nashville Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by wannapickone, Mar 4, 2011.

1. wannapickone

wannapickone Tele-Holic

I'm going to buy a Nashville Tele. I was surfing various guitar sites "shopping" prices and I ran across this. The seller (local independent guitar store) has it listed for $899. My question is.....why would a 2007 cost $300 more than a 2010/2011 ?? :confused:

WPO

Year: 2007
    Manufacturer: Fender®
    Model: nashville Telecaster®
    Case: Hard
    Color: blonde
    Condition: Brand New
    Description: Blonde NOS MIM Nashville Telecaster®. Maple neck, still has the hang tag and the plastic on the guard. Retailed for $1100 with bag.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  2. Cajun1

Cajun1 Tele-Holic

Only reason I can think of is if this one has the fishman power bridge instead of the regular bridge. Other than that don't know. Nashville's are great guitars though...I love mine!

3. ' burn 08

' burn 08 Tele-Afflicted

I have a 2004 nashville that I bought used for $399. I wouldnt think a 2007 should cost that much.

4. sacizob

sacizob Friend of Leo's

Fender went up on all their guitars awhile ago. You would think it would be the otherway around.

5. GilmourD

GilmourD Tele-Afflicted

He's listing MSRP and never put the normal discounted price? Or he's a thief.

6. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

You can find them used in good condition for $300-400 quite easily. Unless you want the warranty I don't see a need to buy new.

7. ' burn 08

' burn 08 Tele-Afflicted

I didnt see the picture at first. yeah the power bridge will raise the cost.

8. wannapickone

wannapickone Tele-Holic

The guitar is listed on the website for $899. In the description he is quoting the "MSRP" year 2007. The $300 difference is between his "price" and say MF of [email protected] $599 presently.
    WPO

9. Cajun1

Cajun1 Tele-Holic

I would try calling and see if he'd be willing to match GC or MF prices. Most smaller shops will price match. If he won't, look elsewhere, these guitars aren't hard to find used or new.

10. Shorecaster

Shorecaster Tele-Holic

"local independent guitar store" is likley why that is the price. They can't seem to compete with the high volume stores. Have you tried making them an offer pointing out the price of the newer one? Never know, but they might not care if it doesn't sell until 10 years from now when they might actually get their asking price for a classic.

11. wannapickone

wannapickone Tele-Holic

Cajun1 and Shorecaster..........this "independent" store is a "well established" guitar shop in Houston.....lotsa "high end" gits/amps and "classics". I will call them to try to "haggle".....however, I'm afraid it is a case of "it will hang on the wall before we sell it for that......." There are plenty of people in Houston with more money than sense and poor smurf will probably think he got "a helluva deal". But, let me add this, this guitar in BSB and I can't find any of the new offerings in BSB, which I like but.........not $300 worth.
    WPO

12. weeladdie

weeladdie Tele-Meister

These generally come with a gig bag, so the hard case will add a few bucks to the price.

But not $300 I don't think....

13. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Doesn't look like and is not described as a Power Nashville.

Maybe this is part greed and part ignorance on the part of the seller.

My FOUR were pretty much just like this one and I paid $ 431 twice and $ 443 twice.

I suppose there's no harm in shooting for the Moon, if you're a small dealer on the verge of going under.

I did just see a very used MIM Nashville (also not a Power) at the Birmingham (Hoover) ALA Guitar Center for $ 475. Which is way high, and crazy since the same store practically gave away a Reissue Super Reverb to me last year.

14. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Tele-Holic

there are three MIM Nashvilles on GC's used site right now,two are $399 and the other is $409. mine was listed at $425 when I bought it,used a coupon to knock it down to $350. when I bought mine,I thought I was getting a Nashville Tele,turns out I got Nashville Power Tele (Fishman Powerbridge). only had to give $270 for it because the bozo's at the GC I bought it from didn't know what they had,and the Powerbridge was missing the "Powerchip" pot and input jack.talked them into crediting me back the cost of the "Powerchip" ($80).
    still functions like a standard Nashville,awesome guitar!

15. ' burn 08

' burn 08 Tele-Afflicted

I used to live in Hoover, out on 280. Where is that guitar center? Hwy 31? I may stop in to check out their inventory next time I'm passing through.

16. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Not that this has anything to do with the ridiculous price but:

# 1 There is no such thing as a NOS Nash Tele
    # 2 This was never a BSB , that is a Honey Blonde

17. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I think by "NOS Nashville Tele", they mean, "It's been sitting in inventory and we really want to get rid of it to some sucker who'll pay top dollar"

Whereas, evil GC would be putting it on clearance and busting it out the door around 4 and a half bills or so (??). That's how I bought mine a few years ago. I love clearance... Er, I mean New Old Stock.

18. RockerDuck

RockerDuck Friend of Leo's

Bought mine for $299 used at GC.

19. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

The GC is in a shopping center at the NW corner of the US31 exit off of I-459. Approaching on US31 Northbound, turn left at the 1st signal.

I'm thinking there's an AutoZone, an Office Depot and a few other things including a decent Jalisco Mex restaurant called El Agave.

Don't you dare buy that black Nashville - It is rough. But there's a MIM Standard with a 3 barrel bridge and the figure on the neck is beautiful. I think aftermarket pickups as well, $ 295. Arctic White. Looks sweet, not heavy.

20. wannapickone

wannapickone Tele-Holic

#1 NOS does not refer to a "model" it is simply an acronym for "New Old Stock"
    #2 I stand corrected.......it is not BSB. It is Honey Blonde. Consider my hand slapped for such a display of ignorance on my part..........:oops:

I called these people and they WILL NOT sell the guitar for anything less than what they advertise. My search continues and I am sure I will find a Nahville Tele at a "reasonable price".
    WPO

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.