What's the difference between a Nashville B-Bender and a Deluxe Nashville?

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by Digiplay, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Digiplay

Digiplay Tele-Meister

JayFreddy,

Is TPrior an Architect who dances on the side to make some extra money to buy Telecasters? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Regardless..................................................................................................

He IS very kind and patient!

2. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Yes. More than I.

And Google is your friend! :twisted::rolleyes:

3. Digiplay

Digiplay Tele-Meister

I have found that Google has caused more problems than solving them.

Regardless, I have a feeling that YOU are kind, but you don't want anyone to know it :) :)

4. JayFreddy

I'm just grumpy.

Welcome.

;)

5. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

Seriously - it's the pickups. Other differences may affect tone at the margins, but it's the pickups. BTW, I have a 2011 Nashville B-Bender and I don't find it extra twangy.

6. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Is there a big difference in the weight of those bridges? Other than pups, that's it.

7. strat a various

strat a various Friend of Leo's

I'm convinced "twang" can be influenced by such things as: strings ... type, brand, gauge, freshness; neck relief; string action; and fret condition. I've played two identical Teles at a big retailer to find one twangy and the other not ... what gives? Each individual guitar has it's own "Twang Factor". Never surprises me when Twang is illusive.

8. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

I've never been known to be a good dancer, thats probably why I started playing guitar at a very young age, so I could be on the bandstand and not on the dance floor !

By the way, it only took about 30 years to realize that Telecasters are not guitars, they are a way of life ! :)

"Lets see, should I buy food for the family or another Telecaster" .......

JayFreddy likes this.
  9. JayFreddy

I own two MIM Deluxe Nashvilles, a rosewood and a maple, as well as a USA Nashville with PG B-Bender.

I like all of them.

The PG B-Bender is heavier than I like, so it doesn't get so much playing time, but it sounds amazing. Ie., Extremely high quality Tele tones that need absolutely nothing, IMHO.

My MIM Nashvilles are the slightly older version with the Tex Mex pickups. I greatly prefer them to the new version with the noiseless pickups.

Lots of people diss the Tex Mex pickups, but they sound fine to me. Not broke, ain't fixin' em...

The MIM Nashville Deluxes are both light and fun to play. I've thought about trying different switching options, but I have other Teles available to me too, so I don't feel compelled to build a "do-it-all" guitar.

I'm content letting my Nashvilles be Nashvilles.

My main squeeze daily player actually started life as a 2005 MIM Nashville Deluxe, but came to me as a project without pickups.

I swapped the 6 steel barrel saddle bridge for a traditional 3 barrel one, and installed a Dimarzio Twang King bridge pickup along with an Alnico neck pickup I had pulled from a 99 American Standard.

Originally I was thinking of just slapping it back together with whatever spare parts I had floating around, but the spare parts I had accidentally turned it into a killer tone machine.

Once I realized that I was going to keep it, I also upgraded the tuning machines to Gotoh split shaft tuners, the same as used on the EJ Strat and other high end USA Fenders.

I had stumbled across the Gotoh tuners a few years earlier in a clearance bin at GC... Which is is how they ended up in my parts drawer.

That's more or less my process. It's less about trying to quantify things like tone and twang, and more about acquiring high quality parts at affordable prices when they are available, and then combining them together when it looks like a good fit.

Like TPrior said... It's a way of life! ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.