What's the deal with dogs?

KennyWTelejazz

Tele-Meister
I'd like to stick around but I'm going to hear an all Dog Choir

giphy.gif

Kenny

Galen1960

TDPRI Member
First off.....in my city unleashed dogs are strictly forbidden. End of discussion.
Second....with the extremely rare exception of an eatery designed to cater to dog owners, (we have a couple out on walking/jogging trails) I don't know a restaurant that allows even leashed dogs. You encountered some BAD-MANNERED people, who happened to have dogs. I hope you complained firmly to management.
BTW....some stores (Home Depot and Lowe's, for two) actually encourage dogs in their stores. I guess they think it makes it look like they "care".

Digital Larry

Friend of Leo's
I grew up with a dog. I like dogs. Then there's whoever moved into the neighborhood or just got a dog that barks for two hours every night. Like right now. Windows are closed, I'm going deaf, and there's no place in the house I can't hear it. So that does not enamor me towards that particular dog.

Galen1960

TDPRI Member
When I was growing up only seeing eye dogs were allowed in commercial establishments and this was almost always posted in plain sight. I love the doggies but they should not be a distraction or nuisance in public places of commerce. Leave the pets at home where they are safe, secure, and out of the way. And please don't forget to bring home a doggie bag.

Recce

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
The only problem i see here is that you did not grill your own steak at home.
Let's face it, steak in restaurants will never match what you grill yourself.
If I get the right New York Strip I can grill an awesome steak. That doesn’t happen every time but did Monday.

Tonetele

Poster Extraordinaire
I had two little mongrels Maltese Terriers. Mine was Stitch ( a blonde version of Toto)- they tend to be a one person dog.
On walks near a creek i could let them off the leash. They'd sniff others, humans and dogs, never bite or growl They'd even go their separate ways in this grassy patch where folks like to walk. I'd give my signature whistle and, no worries, walkies over and back to the car. God I was blessed.

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
This is my buddy. I simply don’t assume that others enjoy him as much as I do, which I think works out quite well.

View attachment 908374 View attachment 908377

We've had quite a few dogs in our family, and I have loved each one, but it's been my observation that generally dog owners, much as they love their own dogs, don't much care for other people's dogs.

That's probably a pack thing, I guess.