What's the deal with dogs?

Axegrinder77

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Let me just start by saying.. I like dogs, they're pretty cool animals.

Ok, I'm noticing more and more people with little dogs these days. Walking them down the sidewalk, posting pics online, talking about their dog, etc. I get the sense that these people think their dog is amazing, and that so are they for having it .

I got slightly annoyed last night having dinner on a sidewalk patio, this dude walking his tiny little dog, who came close to my leg at the table and started sniffing (had a steak going, so don't blame it). The dumb smile on the guys face is what annoyed me. Like, "oh look how cute and amazing this is, my dog likes you, you're so lucky and we are sharing such an incredible moment."

No. It's not. Get your dumb dog away from me so I can enjoy my dinner.

Then there's the people who talk about their dog like it's equivalent to having a child. And don't get me started on the folks I see walking out of the doggy spa, so proud they just blew $300 on a pooch manicure and perm or whatever they do in there.

Ok, sorry for the rant.. lol. And just to be clear, I have no issues with dogs. But they are just dogs.

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
Europe is dog city. Even more than NYC.

If you know your pet is going to be a bastard to everyone except you, a cat is a better option.

Cat owners don’t obligate people to like their pet, but if someone’s dog is an asswipe, you have to pretend to like it otherwise you’re going to be looked at like a sociopath.

Nothing against dogs, have known many good ones. But I just don’t get the dog owner mentality. I don’t know why they have to shove it in everyone’s face.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Here's the 'deal with dogs' :

They are not ' just dogs'
They are beautiful, awesome friends, and they are family.

(Lucy lab young, Lucy lab old)
DSCN2433.JPG
20210819_181034.jpg

Axegrinder77

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
I feel the same way about kids.

You were a kid once. Kids will rule this earth one day. They will go on to do incredible things. Sadly, some will do horrible things.

They are the future of our human race and our planet. They are our genetics, and our evolution.

To minimize them to the importance of dogs is completely sick and insane imo. (Not saying you've done that here, but many do)