1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What's that Tele?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by ultrasun, Nov 10, 2020.

1. ultrasun

ultrasun TDPRI Member Gold Supporter

Maybe this has been discussed here already? definitely love that classic tone in that video, with that yellow Telecaster at 0:30 and on. You can hear the strings a lot through the distorded sound.
    Which model do you think it is? It could be vintage but it could be some road worn Custom Shop as well...
    Curious to hear what models you think are dead spot-on or close enough...

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

The Tele looks like a “Road Worn” model, to me.
    I could be wrong.

3. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's

No idea, but I'd put the sound down to the amp/stompbox and their settings, as well as a Tele just being a Tele, more than anything else.

I liked the tone at the start, with the Les Paul. Reminded me of some tones on the second Black Crowes album, which is one of my favorites.

4. ultrasun

Yep, I agree on the amp/pedal combo. But still interested in that guitar. The wear on the upper left side of the body and the delicate fretboard wood indicates Custom shop trademarks, but it could be vintage as well...

5. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I would guess vintage, I've never seen a CS or Roadworn that looks like that.

ultrasun likes this.
  6. ultrasun

Solved!
    Got it from the man himself: that's a Custom Shop of a 58. Frailin pick-ups added.
    Sounds superb.

mojek likes this.
  7. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

It's something fancy played through something fancy. But a good player could make a Squier sound just as good.

mojek likes this.
  8. ultrasun

That assertion is nice to describe the skills of a great guitar player. I could be seen as an exercise, or a challenge.
    Other than that, it has nothing to do with the history of guitar playing. Guitar playing is not a prison, being stuck with the cheapest guitar possible and make the best out of it. The subtleties are infinite. If you have to record a Spaghetti western riff, you're not going to pick up a Les Paul, you just won't nail the appropriate sound, no matter who's playing.
    A great guitar player will sound even better with a guitar that feels great to him and that he finds inspiring. The beauty of music lies in sound, and how you can sculpt it with uttermost precision.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.