Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by guitarbuilder, Nov 26, 2011.
I wasn’t planning on selling the boards or stompboxes at this time.
Neck bolted on & control cavity cover cut.
Tight quarters. Used a 0.6mm bit to cut out control cover. 23 passes @ 5 in/min, 0.25” deep, about 1 1/2 hours after 2 broken bits.
Sound hole purfling scraped.
Have to contour the heel cut to taper with a rasp & sand.
Almost ready to glue the top on.
More pics & videos on https://www.tdpri.com/threads/a-second-acousti-tele.948061/page-7#post-10486027
just did a similar neck heel shape on my current body.... and used a 10mm roundover..
The only flintlock I ever built was a Brown Bess replica for a guitar customer. My habit in such things is do as much homework as possible, and it made my head hurt. They were built in batches in smaller shops all over Britain, with no two exactly alike. The ones in a given batch were close but not really. The only thing standard because only one place (kings armory I think it was called then) made the locks and they were/are a work of art. And VERY dependable. All for a .77 cal musket who's most dangerous feature in the colonies was the bayonet. Oh well, enough memory lane lol
if that isn't multitasking one for all and all for one design.
thanks for the memories Dave !
Yes, the knuckleball thrown out by the smoothbore musket was no match for the accuracy of the rifled arms wielded by the colonial militias. The german-influenced longrifle arguably won the war for the colonies, along with some help from the French.....
Arrrggghh!! where is it?....
the last 6 string I made was a stock tele, I know I have a pattern for the bridge pu rout.. I saw it the other day...
and now I need to use it, I can't find it?.... all of my patterns are on 19mm white melamine pieces, they all lean together against a cupboard... the tele bridge one is not there... huh?...
so, you go around like a chicken pecking for food and look everywhere.... around my work space, behind everything, in the house, down in my other shed....
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ..don't you hate that..
Whatcha gotta do Trev is say out loud in the workshop "Stuff it! I didn't like it any way!!!!"
Next thing you know you'll trip over it and break a leg or an arm etc.etc.
bridges?... I've got a few old 6hammer fender bridges here, should I use one as is? or drill them for 3 regular saddles?....
the brass one looks cool... with a set of wilko compensated saddles might work better?...
Created a magnetic control cover this afternoon.
More pics at
I think you nailed it with that last photo Trev............All you need is two more necks and THEN you'd have something so unique that everyone would want one!!!
Well, it doesn't quite fit on my bench..or even all of my benches combined...but this is a new shop "on the hoof". We finally got a successful offer on a great property for our "downsize".
Once we move, I'll have to make do with the 2 car attached garage with just my CNC, my Festool stuff, hand tools (!) and one of my benches plus maybe the bandsaw. Even that will require some electrical work. Once this property is sold subsequent to the move, I'll hopefully be able to build something in the 20 or 24 by 30 size range, depending on setbacks, etc. It's going to be an interesting year!
So many little bottles...
...trying to achieve...
Tomorrow will try to glue figured pear veneer..
... on cherry body blank.
Got the top glued on this aft.
Purfling on the Acoustic-Tele done this evening.
Tried my hand at ROASTING!
A 2 piece maple/ rosewood neck. But not a too drk brown roast, rather keeping it light.
The stock was leveled and thickness around 28mm (finish thickness 19mm)
Into the oven, ramping up the heat to 190 Celcius (375F) in about 40min.
Baked it for 2.5 hours at 190
Switched off the oven and left it closed for about 3-4 hours to cool to room temp. It is shorter than what most do (4 hrs), but I wanted to stay conservative and a light roast
Surface does discolor blotchy.
O and your kitchen REALLY does smell like cookies while it bakes
from the same stock. There was minor warping, maybe 1mm, but nothing major. The wood was stable by the evening, and no further movement after thinning or cutting to size
Very happy with the result. Was extra careful routing to prevent tearout
Got one small nick, but otherwise no issues.
You don't need the fancy commercial vacuum oven thingy to roast Maple like some try make you believe you need
checking my bridge location, doing a rough intonation to see where the saddles rest and dialing in a fresh cut bone nut...
all seems ok about here..
Nice. Though, no one said you need a commercial vacuum oven for roasting, only for torrefaction which is distinctly different .
that just popped up.is topic has come back to life a little bit recently. . . there's some weird post on a zombie thread
That looks super!!