Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by guitarbuilder, Nov 26, 2011.
Now I can get back to the Acoustic-Tele design & the CNC.
Cherry red dye...1.64kg after contouring
This one is still in embryonic stage...need something to
test those split coil pups
View attachment 815369
View attachment 815370
I know...you probably "hate" snow at this point...but here we didn't have
a "proper" snow since 2012...so, I envy you
Are you going to put some purfling inlay between, where the top & back inset meets?
You have a very good eye, Sir!!!
It can be done with the molding tool path, but it can be wonky at the ends of the routs. That's not usually something one would see, however, but still...I can appreciate wanting it to be "perfect".
Worked on the "Sprite" some more. Dressed the fret ends, aluminum shielding tape inside the box, installed and wired the new SD Quarter Pound PBass pickups. Wired to a 500k volume and a 4way switch.
Have to add some wood to the rear through piece, stain it to match and install the tremolo. Then strings and pickup heights and fun time.
Been fighting with this Moulding Toolpath half of the day!
I know what I want to do, but trying to tell this program what I want is another thing.
Aspire 10.019 & can't upgrade.
I want to cut down on an angle and finish at 1.125", so cutting out 0.625".
I've watched a few videos and figured it looks pretty easy, until I go to try it.
The profile could be a straight top, of radiused like I have, but didn't know if I had to have the leftover 1.125" verticle edge that wont be cut.
The body is 1.75" thick, At the Yellow line, is the curve of where I want to start the cut, taper off to the bottom left of the pic. the other yellow line is my profile of the moulding cut.
This is what I’m trying to achieve.
I might have to have a line on the side of the body to follow?
Any help would be appreciated.
I kinda have some of that already. Just have to get it to not cut through the side of the body.
I keep thin and medium on hand (Starbond). I keep them in a plastic paint cup with a lid and a dessicant pack (I order a bunch from Amazon). Others have reported bottles lasting more than a year this way. The professional grade CA glues come with a spare nozzle, a needle loaded cap, and some micro tips. Most instrument work is so minute, I find myself using microtips all the time. I blow them out with compressed air after each use.
I was drinking my morning coffee and thought I'd try this in Rhino. I simplified things a little more than yours. I copied the top and arm bevel and pasted it .25 up. Then I offset the outside perimeter .75" to the inside and made an inside surface to that. I trimmed the raised up surfaces to the inside" wall". I deleted the back so you could see inside.
i would try to find a wider bridge, my weirdness i think, but i always dislike when the bridge is narrower than the pickups (incl pickup mounting ring)
something like this
I have a bunch of KLUSON hardtails....
...so this I am gonna use. But if I can get my hands of some 2mm brass I could cut something
different and have it chrome plated.
One piece Croatian ash from Slavonia region...Mustang body with Strat upper horn and XII pickups.
Test pickguard cut out of old name plates engraving material.
Reliced hardware to go with my barncaster build. Twine wrap for the pickup and acid bath for the metal.
Small progress today....can't find conus bit to bevel the edges of the pickguard...
Yesterday afternoon, I decided I would work on the tolex & grill cloth, to finish my custom speaker cab I built over Christmas holidays.
JBL 15” K140 Alnico & Eminence 12”, Red, White & Blues. That’s what I had laying around surplus.
Yesterday, I rounded the edges to fit the metal corners.
Then started the Tolex.
Used spray-on contact cement.
Primed & painted the speaker baffle.
Had to let the paint dry overnight before doing the grill cloth.
My goal was to make a cab that would kinda match my Traynor YCS50H.
Today, I started on the grill cloth.
And this is what I found.
Right in the middle, on the side I wanted to use.
It had shown up in the mail 2 days ago, & just looked at it today. I contacted the supplier, & they said they would ship more our ASAP. It takes 4 days for it to arrive.
I decided, since they told me to keep the flawed piece, I might as well investigate.
I could see a couple loops, took a large pin & tweezers, & started pulling.
Out came approximately 6” of extra nylon thread. I then commended pulling on it about every 2-3” along the thread, until I had it pulled through to the outer edge.
So the flaw was gone!
I emailed the supplier & said it was fixed, not to send more, since I had no further projects, & wouldn’t need it.
So I finished putting the grill cloth on the speaker baffle.
Beside my youngest son’s amp & cab.
Turned out pretty nice.
Dang I reckon