Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by guitarbuilder, Nov 26, 2011.
Why no CNC?
The neck has linseed oil on it.
The body is shellac and colorfx dye (from wood essence).
I ended up spraying the dye.
I will have to clear coat over top, probably use watco lacquer.
For that a basic requirement would have to be met: Me mastering 3D with a CAD program One day i get there
Fingerboard glued on with truss Rod installed.
Also working on a Li'l Breaker BYOC.
Moodi - I've done several of those BYOC micro pedal kits - lotta fun and parts in every kit have been 100% complete and accurate.
Instructions are clear and complete, except - for me anyway - I reverse their suggested order for attaching hook-up wires to board and then the pots and jacks. I found it easier to attach wires to the pots & jacks first, mount them in the box, and then trim, strip and solder to the board (suspended over the box with a movable vise I have). I found it easier to keep the wires short that way, which is nice when you're stuffing them all in the box at final closing time. May just be a function of my 10 thumbs.
I got my Li'l Breaker done.
My youngest got his Color Booster done.
Both worked out great.
My oldest son almost finished his Large Beaver (Ram's) Kit
wet sanding and buffing a solid walnut, 1 piece, tele body for a buddy. wipe on poly. still a lot of work left to do. yes, it will be heavy. no weight relief on this baby. but he will only use it on a few songs. he has a nice mcpherson acoustic he uses most of the time
Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Too much, ive got a free house for the next week so Im going finish all my electronic related projects.
Installing JM style pickup I wound 'jazzrail' in my tele, it came stock with a JM pickup. Its made from materials I had spare, the flatwork is vero board and the magnet was lifted from a dead epiphone humbucker (so probably alnico V).
Then there is the amp, there is some whining which is ocurring when the gain, volume and attenuator knobs are set a certain way. So I need to debug that, which is going to be a royal pain.
I want to try a different mixer circuit in my reverb unit too.
And finally, I'm trying to mod a crybaby into a auto wah with an envelope detector and an optocoupler.
Vero board for pickup flatwork and magnet rail, Great idea. let us know how it turns out.
The ingenuity doesn't stop there, the bobbin is held together with super glue and the whole the whole thing is potted in lacquer. I really like this method of potting, no (specialist) equipment needed and no hot wax, just a dunk in a pot of clear varnish.
Ive only made 3 pickups so far and none of them are showing any microphonics.m
Set the parts on my Son's Tele to see how it's going to look.
Nice one, not enough green guitars in this world
Have a conversation with Ron at Precise Bits about speed/feed for these small bits. I'm using his cutters for this and he worked through the math with me to kick things up a notch without snapping the little expensive buggers off. I was running way too conservative and that can cause heat which in turn, well...isn't good for the bit.
Thanks for the tip.
I'm working on my Li'l Mouse & it seems much better having the pots pre-wired before installing them in the chassis.
So what speeds / feed rate do you run at for the slots? And, you should check out the bits I linked to. They are a good value.
I'll have to check when I get home from moving my mother to a different room in her Florida life care community, but if my memory serves...18K rpm and 24 ipm. (while I design in metric, my Camaster machine "moves" in imperial) I have the formula written on a tiny scrap of paper on my desk at home...LOL
I'll look into those cutters for sure.
I fixed my parasitic oscillations with a healthy does of grid stoppers and some 220pF caps in parallel with all the plate resistors. Some more shielded cable and some modifications to the lead dress.
Next to tackle is the auto wah project.
i remember i once heated up a freshly painted guitar with a heat gun to see if it would make the paint lay down smoother. it actually did work, but it clouded up the color in the process. so last night i made one of those cheapie headstock logos with toner and packing tape, wiped some poly over and under it and thought i'd try heating it up to see if the poly would melt and lay smoother. well, the answer is no. it heated up the tape and made it curl thus ruining the logo. but hey, i can make another one easily enough.
i know i should be spraying my clearcoat but i already have a big can of wipe on gloss poly and i'm too cheap to buy a can of clear gloss spray : )
afterwards i thought...you know, i could have set my shop on fire or created a bomb doing this. whew!
Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Knobs, making some ambrosia maple knobs to match a body, guitar that is.
I just use a 3/4 hole saw to start and then over to the drill press.