Thank you! The back is maple. I used Fiebings alcohol leather dyes: yellow, mahogany, chocolate and black (black mixed with the mahogany as it's blueish on it's own.) Wet with denatured alcohol. Cover with yellow. Burst mahogany. Burst chocolate. Burst black. When blending the bursts sometimes i'd use yellow, other times i'd use clear alcohol. Leather dye seams to only darken to the density of the dye, so adding from the same source will not darken it past the source. The only challenge i found after scraping the binding is somehow the plastic binding revealed micro cracks now filled with black dye. Didn't notice them before which has me wondering if somehow the alcohol reacted with the plastic. Since this is a $100 saga kit, debating about removing and applying new binding. Probably not.