What's Happened With Your First Guitar?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by IMadeYouReadThis, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Holic

Still have it. A strat. It’s been 4 colors (raw stained wood now), on its 3rd neck. Only changed pickups once though. I play it once in a while. I guess it’s my oldest friend. 33 years

IMadeYouReadThis likes this.
  2. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

I started way late in life. My first was an '06 Epiphone Dot. It's been heavily modified.

Right now it's over in it's case in my closet.

I started learning late, but I've never put it down. A day doesn't go by very often when I don't have a guitar in my hands. One of the best things that ever happened to me.

3. Obelisk

Obelisk Tele-Afflicted

My first acoustic(70's Epiphone MIJ) was handed down to my niece. I taught her a few chords, but the younger nephew appears to have since taken it.

4. 50ShadesofOrange

50ShadesofOrange TDPRI Member

I’m in the exact same boat as fatcat, starting later in life. I’ve been playing about 8 years, I suck only slightly less than when I first picked it up, but I’m at my happiest when I have a guitar in my hands.

I still have my ~1984 Ibanez Roadstar II with three single coils my mom bought me for painting the house, when Ibanezes still looked like a Strat, without all the pointy ends. It sat for over 25 years, never played. When I started playing, I got a Telecaster.

When I pick up that Ibanez every now and then, I’m actually quite impressed with how well it actually plays.

fatcat likes this.
  5. Andy B

Andy B Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Not allowed to talk about it.

6. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Meister

My first guitar: Sears Silvertone $20 acoustic my grandmother got me for my 13th birthday. Took lessons for a few months, sold it to my friend Mike Britt and bought my first electric: a Kay Thin Twin in horrendous condition. The neck had been shaved down and a headstock break poorly repaired, so it was a boogerdog to play, but play it I did, at least until I got my next electric, which was a Conrad Bison three pickup. All those are long gone, as I am now sure that they should be.

7. Dixon in Korea

Dixon in Korea Tele-Meister

Still have it at my folks’ place. It’s the guitar young relatives can play with if they want. 231BA386-C3B5-4631-AA96-6F8DFFBF0228.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.